Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to assign FS4 and FS5 to a midi controller on the HX Stomp

ldgante

Hello,

I currently own a Morningstart MC6II and a HX Stomp.  I would like to assign the A and B switches from the MC6 as footswitch F4 and F5 but cant seem to make it work. Any Idea how I can accomplish this? what do i need to change on the Hx stomp to make it work. 

The morningstar MC6 is connected to the Hx stomp using a midi cable (Midi In input on the Hx Stomp) not on the EXP 1/2 FS 4/5 input.

Thank you in advanced

30 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

Page 49 of the manual shows the CC#s as 49-53. Make sure the MC6 is on the same MIDI channel as the HXS.

Hello, thanks for replying.

Yes I can see that on page 49. The reason why I want to assign FS4 is because I purchased a preset that when pressing FS4 some settings change. Please see the screenshot of the footswitch assignment attached. Im setting CC#52 on the MC6 editor and its value to "0" (zero) When I save the changes and press the "A" switch on the MC6 the HX Stomp displays the following message " Analog Bypass! Press any switch. Im not sure what i'm doing wrong. 

cc#.png

footswitch assignments.png

MC6 editor.png

21 minutes ago, ldgante said:

Hello, thanks for replying.

Yes I can see that on page 49. The reason why I want to assign FS4 is because I purchased a preset that when pressing FS4 some settings change. Please see the screenshot of the footswitch assignment attached. Im setting CC#52 on the MC6 editor and its value to "0" (zero) When I save the changes and press the "A" switch on the MC6 the HX Stomp displays the following message " Analog Bypass! Press any switch. Im not sure what i'm doing wrong. 

cc#.png

footswitch assignments.png

MC6 editor.png

Do you have the global settings in the HX Stomp setup correctly?  For example, if you have them both set to an expression pedal you're screwed. 

Is there a reason you need the Morningstar to mimic FS4 and FS5?  For my midi controller, which has far fewer options, yeah, it can be important to do that sometimes. 

However, the MC6 is so freaking powerful that I'm not sure why you would need to go that route.  If you're telling me what you're trying to do, maybe I can think of another alternative. 

• 3 years later...

I know this is old post but there's no resolution...
It's in the last message, but not clearly identified

HX Stomp comes with FS4 set to Analog Bypass, so if you send the FS4 and is getting Analog Bypass and you believe it's a mistake, got to your global settings and check the FS4 assigned function (it's probably set to Analog Bypass)... Same goes to FS5.