Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELIX LT EXPRESSION defect inquiry

kimyesik

Hi
I purchased the HELIX LT on April 25, 2019.
From 2017 to 2018, you can find articles on the HELIX LT EXPRESSION pedal that have problems.
I would like to know if my HELIX LT is an improved version of the defect.
thank.

7 hours ago, kimyesik said:

Hi
I purchased the HELIX LT on April 25, 2019.
From 2017 to 2018, you can find articles on the HELIX LT EXPRESSION pedal that have problems.
I would like to know if my HELIX LT is an improved version of the defect.
thank.

That can't be determined based on the date of purchase. There were a limited number of affected units from one of the earlier production runs...so what matters is when it was built, not when you bought it. Stuff sits around in wholesale warehouses and retail stock rooms for indeterminate periods of time, and you'll never figure out how long yours was lounging on a shelf somewhere, before you bought it. You could try contacting L6 and see if they can, and/or are willing to tell you when it was manufactured based on the serial number...but I have no idea if that's even possible, or whether or not they will divulge that information. Either way, there's definitely nobody in here who can tell you anything. 

Fortunately, it doesn't matter...it's a known defect, and I've seen it mentioned in other threads that L6 had extended a lifetime warranty specifically to the LT expression pedal, so don't lose any sleep over it. If it breaks, you'll get a new one. Rock on...

Also, while this is anecdotal, they used the same design in the Firehawk FX and the issues aren't as prevalent there. I had one before going to the Helix LT.  The amount of people complaining about broken expression pedals is almost non-existent in the Firehawk FX community.  That's because I'm sure there are a lot less Firehawk FX units sold than Helix LT.  The more you sell, the more a problem will come up.  

Also, like cruisinon2 said, Line 6 has offered a Lifetime Warranty on the expression pedal.  Most cases I've seen, they send you a new LT unit w/in 1-2 days and you send your old one back in the packaging.  

8 minutes ago, robertgoddard said:

Also, while this is anecdotal, they used the same design in the Firehawk FX and the issues aren't as prevalent there. I had one before going to the Helix LT.  The amount of people complaining about broken expression pedals is almost non-existent in the Firehawk FX community.  That's because I'm sure there are a lot less Firehawk FX units sold than Helix LT.  The more you sell, the more a problem will come up.  

Also, like cruisinon2 said, Line 6 has offered a Lifetime Warranty on the expression pedal.  Most cases I've seen, they send you a new LT unit w/in 1-2 days and you send your old one back in the packaging.  

Not just the Firehawk FX... I believe the pedals on the HD500 and 500X are essentially the same. Line 6 has been making boards with integral expression pedals for a long time, and, like you, I've rarely read of them failing. The issue with the LT pedals is that were two metal stamping machines out of a dozen+ that were stamping the housings incorrectly. So it's not a design issue, it was a production issue, and it was caught relatively early. It's just those early ones are interspersed in shipments all over the world. The reports of failed pedals have definitely slowed down, but they show up every now and then still. And, yes, there's a lifetime warranty for this specific issue.