Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix total control of Variax

One thing I don't recall being mentioned that would really open the Variax for me would be for the Helix to essentially have it's own workbench in it. It would be so cool to have various incarnations of Variax models be stored per patch in the Helix and not have to store them all in the Variax. One of the reasons I don't edit the models in the Variax much is it's just too much of a hassle. Workbench doesn't play well with HX Edit at the same time (I do know why and it's a good reason), there's no good way of keeping track of what model I changed and put where, and it would definitely open up the sonic palette that I would use a lot more if I could just have the Helix load up whatever Franenstein guitar incarnation I come up with, per patch, without having to store it in the Variax itself. I have no idea if this is something that is relatively simple to incorporate into the Helix/Variax, or a nightmare but it would be very cool. I'm going to put it on ideascale and I'll put up a link when I do if this is something that interests you. Curious, for now, what people's thoughts would be about this.

I would much rather have Workbench running in a computer. I don’t change guitar models live, so I don’t need Helix to do that. I also don’t want to complicate the Helix UI with capabilities that would be rarely used. 

That said, it would be interesting to be able to store whole Variax models in Helix and load them into the guitar as needed instead of having to load them in the guitar directly ahead of time.