Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Colors of switches in channel changing on me.

Xenohobo

So I use a single channel and set it up so that my distortion is a lit up red color, and when pressed in again, is a dimmed red channel so that I know just by looking what switch setting I am on. Well, when I add in an eq for my cleans, the clean channel turns lit up and my distortion is dimmed.  I have tried deleting the effect and trying to set it up again, and the same thing happens.  I see no option to switch this either, and I need the eq effect.  When live, I have already muffed my channel switch because of this. would love to add a video of this, but lowest i can do is 24mbs and only allows 4.88mbs... Any ideas?

Hmm, try this.  Set EQ block to the off (bypass) by using the bypass square button.  Make sure the Distortion is on (not bypassed).  Just touch (don't press) the FS that these are set to.  See if every time you touch the FS just once if the color changes AND  note the block that is highlighted.  If it is the same thing I have seen you should at some point see the ring as Bright Red.  Then save.  Now, press the switch with something like a sock over your hand so the touch response doesn't get in the way of this test.  If it is what I have seen you should now have the color on the FS ring in the color and state you want based upon the Distortion being on or off.  If I am reading this correctly, you are using a single FS for the "switching effect" and want the Red lit when the Distortion is on and red dim when the EQ is on; I apologize if I am misreading your post.  FYI - If I am correct it may take some practice to get the "only touch" and "color state" you want down correctly.  This will happen even if you manually set the color of the ring by customizing the darn thing.  It took me a while to get this down.

• Upvote 1

Ok, after testing, it still happened, but I figured it out. Apparently there is a "dominant" block, aka. the newest block placed, that takes over the brightness of the FS, and will always light up. So I had to copy the block, delete it, and paste it to make it the latest addition block. That became the "lit" FS. Saved it like 10 times to make me feel better, lol. Thank you though. May not have tried it if you didn't make me test that.

As JPDennis says, you can select which block you want to be the dominant block by touching the switch and cycling through the things assigned to it. It's color and On/Off status will reflect that block. You can also assign the color yourself in the controller settings.

• Thanks 1