Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Swell Effect? Jake E Lee Rig Rundown

shawnt113

Check out this Rig Rundown, at 17:22 Jake E Lee kicks in an effect with a killer swell that gives that reverse vibe. I don’t care for the Octave or the Fuzz, just want that swell effect. Anyone been able to do something like this?

I think the closest you could get to that would be the auto volume echo legacy effect. Set time and speed at zero, swell controls the duration of the swell, which I wish could go longer than the current max allows, and mix at 100%. Depth adds some sort of modulation.

You could also try the autoswell dynamic effect, but it can be hard to work with and unpredictable, so if you try it be prepared for a lot of trial and error.

I am not near my Helix however there is a stock patch for Dreams.  I've taken that and adjusted it to get close to this.  It is a lot of trial and error.  It uses the auto vol before the amp and the autoswell after with the LA Comp behind that if you want to normalize any trails.