Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anybody have a Helix Native license for sale?

toad_toad_toad

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Cruger said:

Not sure if this thread is still active...

Hi,

FYI

Yes, it's active, but it doesn't look like anyone is selling at the moment.

You missed the last one by a couple of days, could be a while before another one comes up.

Hope this helps/makes sense

8 hours ago, datacommando said:

Hi,

FYI

Yes, it's active, but it doesn't look like anyone is selling at the moment.

You missed the last one by a couple of days, could be a while before another one comes up.

Hope this helps/makes sense

Thanks for the update! I'll be patient. I'm just not willing to drop $400 on a plugin.

11 hours ago, Cruger said:

Thanks for the update! I'll be patient. I'm just not willing to drop $400 on a plugin.

Sure thing.

When you take that $400 plugin and stick it in a solid metal case with a whole bunch of audio connection hardware, capacitive foot switches and an expression pedal, then the price goes up by x4. It’s called Helix, so what you regard as a plugin is a hell of a lot more! That would explain the price tag, it’s the “brain” behind this stuff.

Could be waiting some time.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, petersjostrom said:

Hej Hensan, jag köper gärna din licens och kan swisha i så fall. Enklast om du messar mig på 0707317780. /Peter

Är det rätt mobilnummer? Det var en kvinna som stod på det numret...

• 1 month later...
On 12/3/2020 at 11:13 PM, Kimokro said:

Looking for a Helix Native license if anybody is selling. 

Shame - you just missed the sale. 

Helix Native, for owners of Helix family products, had an extra 30% off the regular $99.99 price with the CYBER30 code.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 12:51 PM, Ronnie_Rocker said:

Hi! Im looking to buy a Helix Native license. Any one wanna sell? 

//Ronnie

I contacted emongold75 who is a very nice seller, but unfortunately it didn't work (got some error). Maybe you can try with him as well

On that note, I am also still looking for a used one if anyone else is willing to sell

16 hours ago, Ruehri said:

I contacted emongold75 who is a very nice seller, but unfortunately it didn't work (got some error). Maybe you can try with him as well

On that note, I am also still looking for a used one if anyone else is willing to sell

I’m curious. How is a ‘used’ piece of software any different from the same software in ‘new’ condition? I expect you think it should be worth less. Why?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silverhead said:

I’m curious. How is a ‘used’ piece of software any different from the same software in ‘new’ condition? I expect you think it should be worth less. Why?

I wouldn't look at it that way. It's more like some people are not willing to pay the line 6 price, but would purchase for a lower price. With every price point, you have people who are willing to buy and people who are not. Lower your price point, and you get more people who would buy (e.g., the people in this thread), especially when the common 150-200, that is offered in this thread, is significantly lower than the $400 that many new customers would have to pay

Yeah - there are different ways to look at pricing of .... anything, really. One method might be called value pricing, where the price reflects some intrinsic value of an item. In this framework there is really no difference between a used and new piece of software, whatever that means (assuming of course that is the same software, not an upgraded version of something).

Another method might be called market pricing where all that matters is the price that a seller is willing to accept and a buyer is willing to pay. Underlying value has very little to do with it. In this case a seller is willing to offer and accept a discounted price, for whatever reason. The stock markets operate like this until periodically everyone agrees that the pricing is way above or below the underlying value, resulting in a crash or surge.

No right or wrong, just different viewpoints. If you can get a significant discount that's great for you. Personally as the seller I'd be less inclined to offer a significant discount. And that probably means I wouldn't find a buyer quickly and the 'used' market would beat my price down until I could!

Hope you find it at a price you like. Glad I'm not wanting to sell my license.

Yeah the second hand market is basically market pricing. Imagine all those people who realize that they don't use Helix anymore or switch to an Axe/Kemper. For those people, the value of an additional Helix Native license might be close to 0, so selling for $150 would be a nice gain. I am also not sure how many people are actually using their Helix Floor in conjunction with Native, so does the steep discount to $100 actually make sense, or does it just encourage the second hand market we see here? In any case that's the reality. I am also not sure if the value of a second hand license is the same as one officially bought from line6 - you seem to underestimate the value trust (do I really want to transfer money to a stranger first?) and flexibility (line6 shop is automated and I can buy anytime I wish, whereas you need to wait for someone to manually gift you in the second hand market). But yeah, no need to have a basic discussion on pricing here :)

Back to topic, still looking for a license if someone wants to sell their's.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, silverhead said:

In this case it's that Helix Native becomes NFR (not for resale i.e not sellable again) after 1st transfer, this directly affects the resale value.

Used software selling for 50% or less off retail is more the norm than the exception - just check other forums, like KVR Audio, that have 'for sale' listings.
There are a variety of reasons why and it varies from plugin to plugin - supply vs demand, restrictions on resold items (like becoming NFR), some companies don't offer tech support or upgrade opportunities on used items, etc.. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...