Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp FX Loop - Mono in ext pedal with Stereo Out

GaryKaneNYC

Hi, 

I admittedly have not had enough time to physically test the cable to make this work but I cannot seem to find a clear answer before I go down the rabbit hole- maybe somebody has had this pop up also? 

I bought the HX Stomp and want to use it with a Boss MS3 for a fly rig. My goal would be to hook up the MS3 in the FX Loop of the HX Stomp for maximum flexibility of effects ordering. The MS3 is a mono TS input with 2 stereo TS outputs. I want to use those stereo outputs for some of the delays and additional signal routing possible as a result. I am well versed in the HD500 from the past, Helix Native and also HX Effects for editing tones/signals and such. 

On the HX Stomp, can I create an FX block that allows for the mono send but with stereo returns on it? Any special work arounds to consider on this? 

I am pretty certain the MS3 will not like a TRS cable at it's input which would neutralize the FX TRS send, I just don't know how a TS cable on FX Send from HX Stomp will affect the block as a return in stereo. It seems like only real work around is 2 blocks, a mono send and then a stereo return - any other ways to do this as 1 block? 

Thank you all in advance for the help!!