Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Newbie Question/ effects loop/ presets

Bboy19

Hi, I have a few questions. I tried searching but came up empty.

1. Is there a list of the presets and who they emulate? I can figure out some, but have no idea of the others.

2. I want to send my signal out to two other amps. I have the regular Outputs taken up with a stereo setup. Can I use the effects loop Send to the input of the other two amps?  What would the best way to do this? 

3. Can I use the effects loop return as input. Save cable swapping from various instrument? 

What a great unit!

That's all for now.

Thank You 

1. There’s no specific list of presets that emulate artists or songs, but you may search Custom Tone and find things to try. To figure out tones, try searching for the band/song on YouTube, or go see them live and see what guitars and amps they are using. Then see if you can figure out what pickup they are using. This will provide a pretty good starting point. Adjust saturation, tone, effects from there.

2. Helix has three outputs you can use: XLR L/R, 1/4” L/R, and Headphone. If that’s not sufficient, or if you need more control about where the outputs are in the signal chain, you can use Send blocks anywhere you need them.

3. Yes, and these might match the impedance of your instrument better than the Aux input. On my acoustic gigs, I have a Strat, acoustic guitar and mandolin plugged in all the time. Start in the guitar input (needs high-Z), mandolin in Aux, and acoustic guitar with active pickup into Return 3. Different patches determine which input is active.