Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod hd desktop with fbv2

c-chavez

Hello everyone, I have seen the compatibility  between pod hd and the fbv products and I understand that the fbv2 is not compatible with the pod hd desktop. But I wanted to know what does really happen when we connect those 2, is it (fbv2) not going to be recognised? Is it (fbv2) not going to be turned on at all? Or is it (the pod) going to do unwanted things when the buttons are pressed? Has anyone tried this before? Is it not recommended at all?

I only want to know out of curiosity, and because I would certainly love to travel with that one rather than the express mk2 (it's much smaller and for rehearsing I only need to switch presets).

Cheers!

\m/

Except the PODHD Desktop doesn't have a midi connection.

btw - the other pedals also get their power from the PODHD.  More than likely the power connections are the same.  But the signals to changes patches are different and don't work.  

Bottom line is: Line6 says it doesn't work and I'm not going to try it.

It would be nice if a Line6 engineer could give us an opinion (long shot probably). But again, this is just out of curiosity. If there is someone out there who has tried it we would love to know the outcome, or if there are wiring diagrams for these I could have a look and maybe buy a used one and try (so we can be sure there is no current/electrical issue).