Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 variax survey ( email came this morning )

Lol and to think that many people actually thought Oh....the guys from line 6 are actually looking at the ideas scales for futher development....... lol lol lol . The ideas scales has existed for a decade now ..... i couldn’t help but laugh when I got the email today.

1 hour ago, Blgband said:

Lol and to think that many people actually thought Oh....the guys from line 6 are actually looking at the ideas scales for futher development....... lol lol lol . The ideas scales has existed for a decade now ..... i couldn’t help but laugh when I got the email today.

It's not an either/or situation in terms of sources for development ideas. Could it possibly be that Line 6 might consider BOTH ideascale and the survey?  I know - mind blowing thought!!

1 hour ago, silverhead said:

It's not an either/or situation in terms of sources for development ideas. Could it possibly be that Line 6 might consider BOTH ideascale and the survey?  I know - mind blowing thought!!

Lol Im keeping my pants on. I makes me wonder why did they take  so long and what is that they will do?? Probably the shuriken is not getting their dollars back? Hopefully they g t back to the drawing board and adopt the kiss method. 

Ps: forgot to mention I feel  sorry for our left hand brothers and sisters totally ignored 

• Upvote 1

My desired Variax is merely hard tail with 25.5” scale.  Too much work to lock vibrato bridges down and still don’t sound quite right to me.  Also 'don’t like control layout on Strat bodies.  

In a perfect world noiseless 3 pickup Tele body Variax with mechanical and/or software bender capabilities, yeehaw!  Give country picking boys/girls some love…  

Also wished for Mando, Uke and Nylon acoustic models.  

I filled it out too. My pie in the sky dream feature of choice was a way to connect the guitar by blue tooth to an app (or even a PC) to change the tunings, guitars, pickups, etc. on the fly instead of the more cumbersome approach of connecting to a PC by ethernet cable. 

Granted for Helix users this is a lot less relevant feature, but not all of us have gone that route.

Then, of course, I said no models would be great. A nylon string guitar was what I mentioned specifically, but my main point was there's no reason a future Variax shouldn't be able to keep what we got, but ADD more. 

• 4 years later...

I too finished this survey, They asked too many questions as compared other surveys. Hope my feedback helpful to them

I particularly specified a nylon string guitar, but my primary argument was that there was no reason a future Variax couldn't keep what we have and add more. 

Publixsurvey online gvies a chance to win $1000

"....the guys from line 6 are actually looking at the Ideas Scales for further development. " --- Yes.

That is how the Helix came about, among some others.

"... my primary argument was that there was no reason a future Variax couldn't keep what we have and add more. " ---

It would be a mixed balance between memory capacity on the board and features in a future Workbench application.

• 5 months later...