Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A few issues when trying to setup my HX Stomp

guitarbloke1980

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling a little and need to bombard you all with questions I'm afraid!  :(

I've been tweaking my HX Stomp setup tonight (after 2 months I still haven't dared to gig with it!), and I've run into a few issues which hopefully can be easily fixed.  I'm pretty sure some (or all) of these are due to my inexperience so I'll be the first to hold my hands up to being a technophobic idiot!

Ok, so...Problem 1 -

I tried to incorporate the HX Stomp into my exsting pedalboard.  The chain is:  Buffer - Korg Pitchblack - Digitech Mosaic - Digitech Drop - Strymon Riverside OD - HX Stomp - Front of Amp.

The volume on the Strymon seems redundant - there's no volume increase at all as I turn the volume knob on the pedal.  It also seems to have introduced some noise when the Strymon and HX are connected together (even when the Strymon isn't engaged).  If I remove the Strymon the extra noise disappears. This isn't an issue normally (when I'm not using the Stomp).

Problem number 2:

I bought a Moskey dual switch to use as FS4 and FS5.  However, it just sxrolls continuously through all presets and won't stop.

It's configured like this in the global settings:

*Footswitches*
Stomp select = Press
Fs4 = preset up
Fs5 = preset down

*Preferences*
FS4 = EXP/FS tip
FS5 = EXP/FS ring
Tip/ring polarity: both set to normal

Problem 3:
When I'm running into the front of the amp (with nothing in the amp effects loop), the volume control on the amp does nothing.   I can only control the volume via the knob on the HX.  I'm not sure where I'm going wrong!

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for any feedback or help!

Problem 1: check the HX Stomp global setting inputs and outputs and make sure they are set to instrument levels. 

Problem 2: you need those switches to be momentary contact, not toggle. Once the switch is on, HX Stomp sees preset up on all the time. 

Problem 3: Sound like you're using an input on your amp that bypasses the gain control. If it works with a guitar, it will work the same way with HX Stomp.

Make sure you are using blocks in HX Stomp that are designed for front of the amp use - no amp or cab models for example.