Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Feature request: HX Rum

jmp22684

I'm practicing and editing. I ran out of rum.

Can we get a hardware solution to fix this?

Also .... REALLY big scribble strips and perhaps rotating pixels to counter blurred vision? (Or would that enhance the effect?)

I'm sure testing will be required and volunteer myself for beta testing.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, jmp22684 said:

Also .... REALLY big scribble strips and perhaps rotating pixels to counter blurred vision? (Or would that enhance the effect?)

Count me in for beta also,! Although i prefer the limited edition with absinthe!!

17 hours ago, jmp22684 said:

In answer to your "rum" question. Are you using both paths? Each path uses the same amount of RAM so if you run out of RAM on path A, just connect it's output to path B and continue on your merry way. If you are using both paths then no, there is no hardware. Make sure any effects that don't have to be stereo are mono. Making them mono uses less RAM.

You never know on this forum.... :-)

I remember some time ago there was a post from someone who wanted a clock digital readout on the LCD display arguing that it was too much trouble to seek out the actual time when practicing late at night with no smartphone or computer at hand. I thought it was a joke and responded in kind. Turned out he was serious - and offended!

19 minutes ago, silverhead said:

You never know on this forum.... :-)

I remember some time ago there was a post from someone who wanted a clock digital readout on the LCD display arguing that it was too much trouble to seek out the actual time when practicing late at night with no smartphone or computer at hand. I thought it was a joke and responded in kind. Turned out he was serious - and offended!

He even posted it on ideascale. I think it was one of the very few I've ever down voted.

I DID vote for the free pony.....

53 minutes ago, silverhead said:

I remember some time ago there was a post from someone who wanted a clock digital readout on the LCD display arguing that it was too much trouble to seek out the actual time when practicing late at night with no smartphone or computer at hand.

OK... his reasoning I don't agree with, but please read on :)

31 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

He even posted it on ideascale. I think it was one of the very few I've ever down voted.

You voted down a clock?  Maybe it's the RUM  talking (staying on topic - LOL), but I wouldn't mind a clock on the Helix :) 

Seriously... when you are in charge of set times on a stage, having a clock handy doesn't hurt. I have one in my Helix gig bag but would love it if I didn't have to carry it around. 

As for the original topic.... I'm holding out for HX BEER ... but I like your way of thinking :) 

57 minutes ago, codamedia said:

OK... his reasoning I don't agree with, but please read on :)

You voted down a clock?  Maybe it's the RUM  talking (staying on topic - LOL), but I wouldn't mind a clock on the Helix :) 

Seriously... when you are in charge of set times on a stage, having a clock handy doesn't hurt. I have one in my Helix gig bag but would love it if I didn't have to carry it around. 

As for the original topic.... I'm holding out for HX BEER ... but I like your way of thinking :) 

I'm old. I wear a watch. But I also have a cell phone. It's clock is always accurate. A clock on the Helix, even with a battery that recharged when the Helix was plugged in, would require periodic checking and resetting. AND.... I may have been cranky that day :-)

BUT....If it's a choice between a clock and a spigot for the HX beer I'm for the spigot!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1