Sign in to follow this  
seek18

patches line6 Helix classic and HX Stomp Model

Hi. can you tell me if the patches (custon tone preset web) of the classic line6 helix model are valid for the HX Stomp model? Thank you

• Confused 1

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but if you're asking if the Helix presets on custom tone are compatible with the Stomp the answer is no. The Helix has far more blocks available than the Stomp, so usually you can't just straight transfer them over. Now, after update 2.8 my understanding is a Helix preset with only 6 blocks CAN, but that's a pretty big caveat.

yes. that was my question. thanks for your reply. if someone knows some converter software formats of different line6 models would appreciate it. I have several models. Thank you

30 minutes ago, seek18 said:

yes. that was my question. thanks for your reply. if someone knows some converter software formats of different line6 models would appreciate it. I have several models. Thank you

Hi seek18,

Your question is rather vague. Convert what to what. If you mean convert POD HD, XT or whatever to Helix format - forget about it. The Helix family of units uses a completely different operating architecture, which has nothing in common with previous Line 6 equipment.

I actually saw a comment, replying to a similar question on another forum - the guy said try changing the 3 letter file extension on the patch from (dot) l6t to hlx - yeah, right! As if?

Sorry, it’s just not possible.

Currently, you can only copy blocks between the Helix and the stomp but Line 6 should update the 2.71 system so that you can import presets from one device to another. The only problem of the HX Stomp which is limited to 6 blocks?

On 5/19/2019 at 4:41 AM, alechat said:

Currently, you can only copy blocks between the Helix and the stomp but Line 6 should update the 2.71 system so that you can import presets from one device to another. The only problem of the HX Stomp which is limited to 6 blocks?

Hi,

Line 6 are in the process of updating the firmware to deal with this issue in version 2.80 ‘The Missed Connections Update”.

Here’s a quote from the pre-release notes post on this forum:

New Features (HX Edit 2.80)

• HX Unity—Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, Helix Native, HX Effects, and HX Stomp all now live within the same ecosystem. Using multiple windows within HX Edit and/or multiple instances within the Helix Native plug-in, both blocks and entire presets can be freely dragged and dropped or copied and pasted between units. Aside from a few obvious caveats (like six blocks in HX Stomp or effects only in HX Effects), all Helix and HX products can now share the same content.

Hang on in there - it’s forecast for release late Spring 2019 (ie. before the end of June)