Sign in to follow this  
dgf1811

How To Connect Hd 500x To Dt25 Rig?

Hello! Apologise for the n00b-ery of this question, but I'm really struggling to get my head around it.

I already had a seperate DT25 amp and head. I'm now trying to work out what outputs etc I should be using to link them all. Should I be using the L6 Link between the POD and the head? Or does the POD render the head pointless now?

I'd love any form of explanation! I've never really worked with anything quite as complex as this before!

Link is the simplest way to connect it. You can link the POD with multiple DT amps using the Link.

• Upvote 1

Correct, use the L6 link.  Now your POD will take over all preamp and effects duties and the DT will provide the appropriate power amp configuration based on the POD's selections.  

Don't worry about the "n00b-ery".  There is a lot to learn here.  Read the manuals for both the DT and the POD and also the HD Edit program cover to cover.  Watch the videos in the Knowledge Center and on YouTube.  Play with the settings and learn what they do and how they sound.  Ask questions when you get stuck but try to figure it out yourself first.   Most of all have fun with it!

• Upvote 1