Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bass Octaver

ulimusik

Have the HX Stomp since a couple of days.

For me as Bass-Player, but not in the metal-genre, i use Effects not often but as a spice with a small but great pedalboard. The Hx-Stomp delivers great sounds, very usable. Found nearly every Pedal i use i can find an equivalent that is usable: Tuner ist ok, great distortion sounds, Delay / Reverb is good, can find a nice Phaser and Compressor. I like the Mu-Tron filter simulation, i have the original reissue and it´s great.

The first i´m missing is one of the Studio standards. While a LA2 is on board, a 1176 istn´t! I iconic Comp. Really? Or did i overlooked it? 

BUT:

For most Bass Players outside the Overdrive and Fuzz Bass players, the most used and sought after pedals where octavers. I own most of them. And my favorites are the most iconic among bassists: the Boss OC-2 and a Mu-Tron Octavider. While the second one isn´t as present as the first (because it was very expensive i think) it has a unbeleavable sound with suboctave only and green ringer on. The Boss OC-2 is outstanding with only one octave down or Original + one octave down.

But - the HX Stomp is anounced also as Bass Pedal - and non of the iconic Octavers are included (could name a couple of other brands). And for me: HX-Stomp would be great, but had to add two octavers. Don´t know if i will hold it. 

Or is there a possiblility to make a patch that fits my need? If yes it would be the greates unit i tested.

Can you help me of have any suggestion?

Thanks.

Have you experimented with the pitch/synth modules like Simple Pitch?  And adding either AM Ring (if you want a tad of ring modulation) or some Mutant Filter on low mode?

Not a bass player, but I can get a lot of classic octave sounds right there.  

• 1 year later...

Bronze Master - now you see it, now you don't. Ouch. Indeed, sorely missing throughout the Helix family. Of course, it was present for MANY years in various Line6 incarnations - but never in the Helix. Have called this in many times. Someday, our dreams will come true... keep the faith. Peace