Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp + Ditto Looper

HAblePwN

I've been using a Firehawk FX for a bit now, and I just got an HX Stomp yesterday. Yay!

Anyways, I'm using the HX Stomp into two Studio Monitors as a stereo setup. If I want to use an external looper like the Ditto, where would I put this in my HX Stomp? The FX Loop, the output, the headphone jack...? 

Also, would I need a stereo Ditto looper, or would a single work fine?

I really tried to find an answer to this for the past few days but couldn't find anything, so any help is appreciated!

It just depends on what part part of the chain you want to be looped, AND if you want stereo.

If you want stereo, looper needs stereo or don't use it last in the chain.

With that said, whenever possible I try to put pedals before or after Stomp to save blocks.

31 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

It just depends on what part part of the chain you want to be looped, AND if you want stereo.

If you want stereo, looper needs stereo or don't use it last in the chain.

With that said, whenever possible I try to put pedals before or after Stomp to save blocks.

Got it - thanks!

So if I don't want to color the sound of the loop when activating other effects, what would the best method be in your opinion?

Thanks for the reply!

No coloring at all would be to go before the Stomp, but that might sound too thin. Use it in an FX block in the Stomp to place it between Stomp effects of choice, and then after the Stomp to have it colored by everything in the Stomp.