Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No mp3 player input in helix how to now??

Cleyber

hopefully some one can help me with this, i just recently got my self a Helix, i come from having a POD HD500 and when i practice i just place my computer or phone thru the mp3 input, now how i do that in a simple way? please help i plug my computer sound into the input and is coming with all the effects and sound that im using with my guitar. 

I use an FX Loop Return block at the end of my signal chain and plug my phone into that. Alternatively you could plug your phone into the Aux input and run a dedicated signal path from the Aux input straight to your output.

• Like 1

With your computer, set the computer's soundcard to the Helix (Sound Panel in Windows). In Helix Globals-Ins/Outs set USB in 1/2 Destination to the Helix outputs that your speakers are connected to.

With an MP3 player you're pretty much stuck with the Return Block method that Verne described (need 2 for stereo), which needs to be set up individually in every preset. The alternative method he mentioned wastes a whole processor, and isn't even stereo.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rd2rk said:

With your computer, set the computer's soundcard to the Helix (Sound Panel in Windows). In Helix Globals-Ins/Outs set USB in 1/2 Destination to the Helix outputs that your speakers are connected to.

^^^ this ^^^  (even for MAC)

Although it should be obvious, don't forget to connect the Helix to the computer via USB cable for this to work.

9 hours ago, rd2rk said:

You can do the same on a MAC, I just don't know the procedure to do it.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

As “codamedia” has mentioned, connect your Helix to your Mac via the USB and it appears in your sound control panel as another input/output device. When selected all your iTunes, YouTube, GarageBand, or whatever else, audio will be routed through the Helix and to the speakers or headphones connected to it, bypassing the Mac’s internal speakers.

Hope this makes sense.

1 hour ago, Cleyber said:

I’m sorry for be so ignorant, so I will have to use my Mac as the monitor, I don’t have to connect my headphones to my Helix for that right?

Hi Cleyber,

l think you have misunderstood what happens.

When you select the Helix as the input/output device for your Mac, all the audio is from the Mac bypasses the internal speaker system and is re- routed and sent to the Helix, the sound is then heard from whatever speaker system is connected to the Helix. You can also listen to what is output from the Mac by using your headphone connected to the Helix phones socket. The internal Mac audio routing is defeated so if you play a song in your iTunes playlist the sound is sent to the Helix instead of the iMac built in speakers.