Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Slight bug on moving IR one slot over?

xmacvicar

If the IR in question is an OH, not L6, that'll make posting it less helpful. I tried a simple amp/IR setup (with OH IRs) and didn't notice a difference. Do include the full OH IR names, I may have them to try.

I don't have the exact "E" and "F" versions, but using these:

OH 412 ENG V30 421-05

OH 412 ENG V30 421-06

From the L6 folder (same as the 200ms non-L6), I don't hear any difference.

The audio is not the clean snap, but I tried with the solo and groove snaps, still no difference.

The audio definitely sounds like a level difference, or like the mids just dropped out. Weird.

I just listened to your audio sample... that is crazy! I could imagine the move could change the tone if was swapping positions with another effect... but not into an empty slot like you diagram shows.

If you are moving it in HX Edit you need to eliminate that as a potential problem.

• I see by your image that the Helix Floor is version 2.7.1. Is HX Edit the same version? You find that under Help > About.
  • Turn edit off, unplug the USB cable, and try moving it on the unit itself to see if this problem still continues.

If the problem continues, try a few troubleshooting tests...

• Rather than move the IR to the right, what happens if you completely remove the IR from it's current position, then add it in the position you want? This would help to figure out of it's a "position problem" or a "move problem".
  • Load a different IR into the current position... then move it to see if the problem continues. This would help figure out if it's a "position/move problem", or a "specific IR problem". 

53 minutes ago, codamedia said:

I just listened to your audio sample... that is crazy! I could imagine the move could change the tone if was swapping positions with another effect... but not into an empty slot like you diagram shows.

If you are moving it in HX Edit you need to eliminate that as a potential problem.

• I see by your image that the Helix Floor is version 2.7.1. Is HX Edit the same version? You find that under Help > About.
  • Turn edit off, unplug the USB cable, and try moving it on the unit itself to see if this problem still continues.

If the problem continues, try a few troubleshooting tests...

• Rather than move the IR to the right, what happens if you completely remove the IR from it's current position, then add it in the position you want? This would help to figure out of it's a "position problem" or a "move problem".
  • Load a different IR into the current position... then move it to see if the problem continues. This would help figure out if it's a "position/move problem", or a "specific IR problem". 

Tested on Helix unit itself and ISSUE DOES NOT PERSIST. HX Edit is the only thing causing my original issue to happen.

20 minutes ago, xmacvicar said:

Tested on Helix unit itself and ISSUE DOES NOT PERSIST. HX Edit is the only thing causing my original issue to happen.

There you go... The Helix doesn't appear to be the problem... HX Edit or Communications (USB port and cable) is. 

• Upvote 1