Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp and Boss Katana 50 - sounds bad?

larry_b_hart

HX Stomp 2.71.0 Boss Katana 50 and ESP KH602 guitar. I cannot get this combo to sound anything like I hear/see in Videos?  I inpot Mono to K50 Clean Setting. I have tried the other setting; Crunch, Lead, Brown etc, each one on of those sound worse. Any suggestions on Settings for K50 and / or Stomp would be appreciated!  Thnaks

The Katana is not a flat response speaker system. Your best bet is to go clean if you want to use amp settings on the Stomp, but your best bet with the Katana is just effects, particularly effects that aren't time based. 

You will not get them to sound like the videos of those using the Stomp with a flat response system.

Your biggest problem with the Katana 50 is that there's no FX Loop. To use the amps in the stomp with that amp you'll need to use the clean amp, and that's never going to sound right.

As Kilrahi said, you're best off just using the Helix effects without the amps and cabs. Unless you really love that amp, your best bet is to try and sell it, or trade it for an FRFR type speaker.