Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Crackles and pops with HX Stomp

Romegues

I just bought the HX Stomp a few weeks ago and I'm having a lot of trouble when recording or playback in Cubase with crackle and pops (asio overload) and when just using it as my soundcard. I've tried all of my usb ports and the problem persists, but it is also random in nature, there are times it will be perfect and other times where it's horrid ad I have to try turning it off and on, rebooting etc, adjusting the buffer has little effect. I updated to the latest firmware and drivers as soon as I got it. My pc specs are an Intel 6700K and an Asus 170Z Pro Gaming mobo, 16GB ram etc. The problem is purely related to the hx stomp, when I try my (usb) Focusrite interface it works perfectly.

Cruising the Cubase section over at Gearslutz and found this thread.  It's an older post about Cubase 5, but maybe it will apply to your situation as well.  I wished I could help more, but Reaper is my DAW of choice.  If this doesn't work, I'm sure people more knowledgeable than me will chime in.  Here's what I found in that particular thread:

Hey guys , I found the solution ,In Cubase go to your device > Device setup > Vst audio system > Advanced options > audio priority > Chose " BOOST " ,
Ps : Make sure if you are using laptop to set you power option to maximum ,

Thanks but I've tried that, but as I've said the problem isn't limited to just Cubase, it happens when just using it as my Pc's soundcard, it seems related to cpu usage, it's more likely to happen if I'm for example listening to music and the open some applications or switch apps.

The peculiar thing about it all is, when it happened in my case, Helix was the audio card being employed, and the clicks and pops were recorded to the track. Conversely when its an issue of CPU, the artifacts are NOT recorded.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Rawvolt said:

Really no Line 6 Response?  Where is the support for your product?

This is a user forum, not a support forum. If you want Line 6 CS support for a specific issue, your best bet is to open a support ticket.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I have had this problem in the past when I started using StudioOne for recording with Helix as interface.

Thought it was my Surface  Studio USB.  Turned out to be the fairly cheap USB cable I was using from Helix to computer.

Bought a high quality, shielded USB cable from BEST.  Cost like $24.  

All cracks, pops and random noise gone completely.

Cheers,

bobruz

• Upvote 1