Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

[help] Pod Hd300 Error

mekel1991

Help me please. My pod HD300 suddenly became very weird. When i turn it on, after a few minutes it always activate "auto volume" effect, and its happened in every preset whether i turn off FX3 or turn on another FX3 channel (like delay), it will suddenly change into autovolume effect. I've done several things, like reset to factory setting, unplug replug the effect.

Thank you

ok...keep in mind that if the volume pedal calibration is not good is can have an effect much like what you describe.  knob jitter?...not sure...but it can cause weird volume fluctuations as well. A bad pot on the channel volume or drive can make things strange....you could try setting all the knobs to zero (other than the master of course) ...recall some patches and see if you still have the problem...Other than that, I can think of much else other than perhaps the gate is on and set strange...Or maybe you are using an active guitar and the battery is going flat...If you can't narrow down to a cause you might need to get it serviced.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello there,

I am having the same problem here.  

What are the possible remedies ? I know sending it for service is a solution, but I would like to know what causes it, because from here we can tell that I'm not the only one who face this problem... 

• 2 months later...

Anyone make any progress with this?  I'm having the problem with my HD400 . . . I'll be playing along, and randomly get the auto volume take-over.  I can flip patches and get it back to normal . . . but of course, that's not going to be an option performing.  :(

• 1 month later...

I'm having a similar problem with my HD400. But instead of activating the "auto volume" effect, it randomly turns up or down any of the FX1, FX2, FX3 knobs of the "Smart FX" controls and the reverb knob too. It can be seen in the screen when it happens. I'm not quite sure what causes it, but I suspect that it has to do with the footswitches. Maybe hitting them a little harder than necessary causes this failure. Does anyone knows if it can be solved or fixed?

Update from my last post.

My problem got steadily worse until it was in a permanent state of edit mode.  Even unplugged everything.  Plugged the POD back in with nothing attached, switch patches, nothing worked . . . totally unusable.

Took it in for service . . . couldn't reproduce the issue (typical).  Even took my whole rig into the shop and hooked it up . . . everything worked like a charm . . . no issue.  Got it back home and did two things:  1) New wall plug and power strip (I know it's a long shot, but thought power fluctuation might have something to do with it); and, 2) left off my busta grande pedal I was running through the effects loop (more likely the issue).  Everything has worked fine.  I left if this way until I played a show last week (didn't want to risk the problem coming back when I had a gig coming up).

Now that I don't have a show for a few weeks, I'm going to try plugging the busta grande back in the loop and see if the problem comes back.  If not, I'll revert back to the old power strip and plug and see if that does it.  I'll post back if there are any results.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...