Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Other than the entire line of aftermarket Helix accessories from Gear by CEBA and the Helix & Helix LT face protectors with knob guards by Black Raven Design, what other aftermarket accessories are out there to either protect or pimp one's Helix?

Gear by CEBA's offering is pretty comprehensive, though they seem to have stopped at the exact place that Black raven comes in - the two don't compete, each with a unique offering relative to the other. But irrespective, I'm sure there's more that just these two selling protective and "pimpin'" Helix gear.

What have you all seen in terms of 3rd party accessories? What else is out there?

Black Raven Design cover with knob guards

50852847_2031883873563071_8523039389738074112_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQny8VJwzDiDKovEkyB7FJ1ehF7L-qAzQWJbcaR2G1GpRiGsVnudcFSC4gXAbeh4jBY&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-2.fna&oh=7921e3f75d1fa55ba4bfd4a8e8ddbafc&oe=5D610984

Gear by Ceba, Helix family product page

Helix.jpg

I’m a big fan of the Barefoot Buttons. While not inexpensive, they’ve been a great addition to my Helix. They prevent accidental activation of the capacitive touch functions, which plagued me, but you can still activate them intentionally by touching the buttons set screws. It’s great. The clear ones even let you see the LED rings. I use the regular ones up front and taller ones in the back for easy accessibility.  Also they feel better on your feet (as the name implies) and they look bodacious. Especially in the dark.

Photo%20May%2010,%209%2055%2047%20AM.jpg

Photo%20May%2010,%2010%2000%2043%20AM.jp

Photo%20May%2009,%209%2039%2005%20PM.jpg

• Upvote 1

These footswitch toppers are much cheaper ($8.90 for 4). They don't have the screws in them so you can't do the capacitance switching. Because of this I was worried about how long they would last. You just put them on. No set screws. It's been about 3 years with no issues at all.

https://www.amazon.com/GETMusic-Plastic-Bumpers-Footswitch-Protector/dp/B075TXX5LQ/ref=sr_1_18?keywords=footswitch+topper&qid=1558438008&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-18

I tried Mooer colored they looked cheap picked up these Mooer mushrooms look awesome with Black Raven protector

Cheap also buy 2 bags as they only sell bag of 10 if you want to load all 12 buttons - fit is perfect - dont look that great in pics in real life they are great - the clear buttons accent the protector

The Helix buttons are short so they dont look weird they are very close to face protector, for the money a no brainer and light up nice

The other offerings bug me not a fan of seeing the locking screws through the acrylic

https://www.amazon.com/MOOER-Effects-Footswitch-Toppers-SHROOMS/dp/B07F2ZZ3NT/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=mooer+mushroom&qid=1558490240&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-1-fkmrnull

9 hours ago, rsvette12 said:

I tried Mooer colored they looked cheap picked up these Mooer mushrooms look awesome with Black Raven protector

Cheap also buy 2 bags as they only sell bag of 10 if you want to load all 12 buttons - fit is perfect - dont look that great in pics in real life they are great - the clear buttons accent the protector

The Helix buttons are short so they dont look weird they are very close to face protector, for the money a no brainer and light up nice

The other offerings bug me not a fan of seeing the locking screws through the acrylic

https://www.amazon.com/MOOER-Effects-Footswitch-Toppers-SHROOMS/dp/B07F2ZZ3NT/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=mooer+mushroom&qid=1558490240&s=musical-instruments&sr=1-1-fkmrnull

I personally don't think they look any cheaper than the ones you linked to. Just a different shape. I like the black ones I linked to. They look great and the led ring light shines through it perfectly. Blends better than I think the clear ones would. But to each his own.

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...

*Necro bump*

I've added a set of these Mooer Shroom toppers to my Helix Floor. The shape allows you to still use the capacitive touch from underneath the topper, and they're comfortable to use and amplify the light & colour from the switch rings too.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Mooer-Footswitch-Topper-Shroom-10Pak/dp/B07F2ZZ3NT/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=mooer+shroom&qid=1588750139&sr=8-1

61sukK8WE9L._AC_SX679_.jpg