Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

SPIDER JAM 75W ALL TIME CLIPPING (NO CHIP OVERHEATING)

markyglam

Hello dear friends, here Marky from Argentina. My SJ75 started clipping once a time a few weeks ago. Then it became a thing happening once a day , and now it happens all the time. We have no official service in my country (I bought it in USA but I have no chance to comeback to send it to an official service) . Some help will be appreciated and forever thanked!!! It's not a chip or some other visible part overheating.  You can take a look on the video attached.-

Do you have it plugged into an AC converter transformer so that it can

run off of the AC mains in Argentina?

These do not have adaptive switch supplies that will run on any wall socket.

Have to have a unit made for the Argentine AC mains wall socket, or an AC

converter transformer that will convert to the correct wall socket voltage.

That looks like a power transformer for US wall voltage, which is the wrong kind.

Million thanks for your reply and support my dear friend. I've been using the amp for more than 4 years with a 110 to 220 v  (300w) power transformer without any problem.- Always wanted to replace the original  internal 110 w transformer to don't have to use both. but I was afraid of doing damage to the amplifier being not an official service here in mi country.-

Do you think it can be a transformer problem??? Do you know some transformer datasheet to know if i can replace it for a new one with the same values??? I attach a picture of the converter and the internal transformer.-

Million thanks again

Image1.jpg

image2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks again for your reply. A few days later I tried turning on the amplifier again, and after 15 minutes clipping all the time, it kept 5 minutes working fine (then it turned off lonely)  I disconnected from power suply and reconected again and it worked fine without any problem for two hours. I could test by the headphones imput it was working fantastic. The same next day.-

Then I decided to put the cabinet on the chasis again and when I connected to the amplifier speaker. When I plugged it in it produced a boom sound and within a second I turned it off and there was this burning smell after which I dismantled the amp head and was able to determine that the TDA7293 I.C was burnt to death.

The amplifier keeps working on the headphones imput but there´s no way to make it sounds by the speaker.-

I decided to try a technical support but 3 of those TDA7293 pieces were replaced with the same results .- 

Some other suggestion?

Million thanks

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-25 at 10.08.29.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-25 at 16.57.11.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Mine did the same thing , then just quit one day. Took it to a Line 6 repair center and they said it was a power board that line 6 didn't make anymore. Then I took it to a T.V. repair shop (Bammel T.V. repair in Houston Texas) The fixed it and said it was just some connection points that needed to be resoldered. I only had to pay for labor since no parts were needed.