Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

System requirements doubt - Helix Native

malgani

Hello. I was wondering if Helix Native would work in a mini PC that Im interested in. I plan to build a mobile rig using a mini Pc, a MIDI controller and a Lexicon Alpha (not the best but is what I have).

The doubt comes with the characteristics of the microprocessor in the MIni PC, this is a Gigabyte Brix with a Celeron J3455 wich base frequency is 1.5 Ghz but the manufacturer says that works up 2,3 Ghz. As Native requirements says that need from 2 Ghz dual core, I started to think about that 1,5 Ghz base frequency. Wich is the number that I have to pay attention? 1,5 Ghz base freq or the "up to 2,3 Ghz? Thanks ...

21 hours ago, malgani said:

Hello. I was wondering if Helix Native would work in a mini PC that Im interested in. I plan to build a mobile rig using a mini Pc, a MIDI controller and a Lexicon Alpha (not the best but is what I have).

The doubt comes with the characteristics of the microprocessor in the MIni PC, this is a Gigabyte Brix with a Celeron J3455 wich base frequency is 1.5 Ghz but the manufacturer says that works up 2,3 Ghz. As Native requirements says that need from 2 Ghz dual core, I started to think about that 1,5 Ghz base frequency. Wich is the number that I have to pay attention? 1,5 Ghz base freq or the "up to 2,3 Ghz? Thanks ...

Hi,

Well, I would go with “base”.

Under the thread named “ Helix Native FAQ” there is this section:

System Requirements

Q: What are the supported Mac/PC System and Hardware Requirements and which Digital Audio Workstations are Helix Native be compatible with?

Mac Computers: 
· Mac OS X 10.10 and 10.11 & macOS 10.12 
· 64-bit AAX Native, Audio Units (AU), VST3 host DAW software 
· Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz 

Minimum Hardware Requirements 
· Dual-Core 2.0GHz processor or faster 
· 4GB of RAM 
· 100MB of free disk space 
· Internet connection required for license authorization (and for trial version)

Windows Computers: 
· Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, & Windows 10 (64-bit only) 
· 64-bit AAX Native, VST3 or VST2 host DAW software 
· Supported Sample Rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz 

Minimum Hardware Requirements 
· Dual-Core 2.0GHz processor or faster 
· 4GB of RAM 
· 100MB of free disk space 
· Internet connection required for license authorization (and for trial version)

Everybody loves a hot rodder wanting to try something new, but deviate from the published requirements and you’re on your own. There are no guarantees!

A few weeks back there was a guy on here with a similar idea of using a mini pc and HX Native instead of using a branded laptop. I guess some people think it’s possible to create a very cheap version of a full blown Helix by sticking the Line 6 software brain into a small transportable PC. I don’t think so.

Have a trawl through the posts on here for the one with the guy wanting to put Native on a Stick or a NUC. 

Hi, I also asked the same question. But I went with using the HX Stomp for live use, and Helix Native for recording. 
I have also tried to dry run using my old laptop, and I can't hear any latency, but I haven't use it live. 

Both my desktop and laptop can run Native fine. 

• Upvote 1