Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

veriax guitar models change on there own in Helix snapshots

Need a little Help guys! I am new to the Veriax so please bare with me. I just purchased a second hand JTV James Tayler 59. I am using it with my Helix.

the problem I am experiencing is. When I save the guitar I want to use lets say the Lester 1 in my snap shot. just out of the blue it changes to Spank 1 or some other model on its own. I have saved snapshot and saved preset. Also if I happen to turn the guitar model knob on the guitar then turn it back it will do the same thing. I know the manual knob overrides everything but It should not mess up my snapshot. The weird thing also It only seems to do it only 2 or three snapshots not all. I have the helix set to preset not global. Hope this explains this enough. Thanks In advance.

I have had similar issues. Reported it to Line 6, they said I was doing something wrong but couldn't tell me what. It only happened on a few snapshots in one preset with me.

In my case, the Helix still displayed the right model name but by listening you could tell it was clearly recalling the wrong model on the Variax (in my case it was loading an acoustic model instead of a Lester so it was pretty obvious).

I rebuilt my preset from scratch and it fixed the issue.

1 hour ago, Mturner said:

Yup...sometimes these devices just get weird and can't walk and chew gum at the same time. I haven't had this specific issue, but occasionally some other odd behavior will appear out of nowhere with one particular patch, and the only solution seems to be rebuilding it from scratch... so far, that's been an effective solution. Time consuming and annoying, but effective. ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2019 at 8:06 AM, Mturner said:

I have had similar issues. Reported it to Line 6, they said I was doing something wrong but couldn't tell me what. It only happened on a few snapshots in one preset with me.

In my case, the Helix still displayed the right model name but by listening you could tell it was clearly recalling the wrong model on the Variax (in my case it was loading an acoustic model instead of a Lester so it was pretty obvious).

Thanks for the Reply. I will try that to see. 

On 5/24/2019 at 9:58 AM, cruisinon2 said:

Yup...sometimes these devices just get weird and can't walk and chew gum at the same time. I haven't had this specific issue, but occasionally some other odd behavior will appear out of nowhere with one particular patch, and the only solution seems to be rebuilding it from scratch... so far, that's been an effective solution. Time consuming and annoying, but effective. ;)

Yeah real pain but going to give it a go. Thanks

One thing I've run across is the lack of tone knob control. I've used an acoustic and then an electric model in several patches where I have the tone knob controlled by snapshots. I've set the tone knob for the acoustic (it simulates the mic being moved up and down the neck) somewhere other than full on. When I've switched to the electric the tone knob remains where it was from the acoustic snapshot. I have not experimented with this (for example does it do the same when both models are electric) but for now I would constantly keep the tone knob full up in your patches. Don't know if it does the same thing when switching to different patches.

19 minutes ago, brue58ski said:

One thing I've run across is the lack of tone knob control. I've used an acoustic and then an electric model in several patches where I have the tone knob controlled by snapshots. I've set the tone knob for the acoustic (it simulates the mic being moved up and down the neck) somewhere other than full on. When I've switched to the electric the tone knob remains where it was from the acoustic snapshot. I have not experimented with this (for example does it do the same when both models are electric) but for now I would constantly keep the tone knob full up in your patches. Don't know if it does the same thing when switching to different patches.

Make sure that your Variax settings on the input block (Tone Knob and Lock Variax Controls) are not contradictory with your snapshot tone knob controller efforts.

45 minutes ago, silverhead said:

Make sure that your Variax settings on the input block (Tone Knob and Lock Variax Controls) are not contradictory with your snapshot tone knob controller efforts.

I'm pretty sure I did but I'll check later. So I'm assuming you've never experienced this with the proper settings. Just curious. And as I ponder this more, just FYI, the tone knob is all of the way up when I switch to the acoustic snapshot from the electric. Going back to the electric it stays low like I had it set for the acoustic.