Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500: One Pedal For The Fx Loop

BlueViolince

If you plan on playing out, be careful with an m5. There is a well documented issue with them resetting and not working right due to improper grounding inside the chassis. There is an easy fix, but if you take the feet off and just use Velcro to attach it to your pedalboard it could be an issue even after the fix, as the feet allow some cushioning to prevent the board from touching and shorting when you step on it. I finally retired mine as I just can't trust it live.

Well, I have heard of that, but it seems an easy fix, if it is similar to boss pedals grounding out from the solder points touching the chassis. Of course, that wouldn't be the only issue with the m5 that I've heard of.

I do like that the m5 can be any number of effects, but it wouldnt add anything new to my setup. Any members here have good results with a Zoom multi pedal?

• Upvote 1

I've just bought an rc 3.loop pedal.... Haven't used it but decided on the 500x so might return the looper. However THAT through the effects loop would be cool for a number of different preset loops (wish the HD's had this function)

BUT our drummer wants to work with the full backing track thing. Cause our deadbeat singer can play guitar, and sing, but won't put the practice in to get both right....... So the looper wouldn't be needed. And I've pit a variax on order so need the money. But it's so red and shiny. And new......

I've just bought an rc 3.loop pedal.... Haven't used it but decided on the 500x so might return the looper. However THAT through the effects loop would be cool for a number of different preset loops (wish the HD's had this function)

BUT our drummer wants to work with the full backing track thing. Cause our deadbeat singer can play guitar, and sing, but won't put the practice in to get both right....... So the looper wouldn't be needed. And I've pit a variax on order so need the money. But it's so red and shiny. And new......

Haha sounds like my singer. Now we just let him play guitar when he wants. No expectations but let him have a solo now and then. He's also using synths now for some of our songs. That keeps him busy.

I recently introduced a Zooom G5 into the effects loop of my HD500X.

Totally loving it! The tube boost is really sweet :)

I did need to make a small platform to elevate it so i could position it behind de HD.

I got a G3 for this purpose.  I notice an audible drop out when switching on/off any of the stomp boxes.  It's the same gap when changing patches.  It's really annoying me.  Does the G5 do this as well?

With the 500X there's a gap between preset changes, but the stomp box on/off is seamless.  I'm surprised the Zoom isn't the same way, unless I got a bad unit. 

I got a G3 for this purpose.  I notice an audible drop out when switching on/off any of the stomp boxes.  It's the same gap when changing patches.  It's really annoying me.  Does the G5 do this as well?

With the 500X there's a gap between preset changes, but the stomp box on/off is seamless.  I'm surprised the Zoom isn't the same way, unless I got a bad unit. 

I have no gaps with the G5 when switching effects on or off. Only when changing presets, which I never do since I can have 8 effects in one preset plus the tube boost and an effect under the expression pedal. That adds up to ten additional effects. Quite enough :) I actually only use 4 plus an EQ which has become the oh so missing global EQ B)

• Upvote 1

I'm actually considering an eq pedal, now that I think about it. That's one of the one things I always wish I could set globally, and maybe that's the most important thing to keep on hand.  Maybe the Source Audio programmable EQ, with 4 presets, or the Boss programmable EQ20.  It would be nice to keep presets for my usual venues, plus have the instant global adjustability for any environment.

I had a sniper ge7 for years, but it suddenly developed a lot of noise after being in storage for a while.

Scratch that.  Turns out most of my wall warts are the source of the noise. I put the Sniper back into service; great pedal.  Too bad Tone Jam is out of biz.