Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX FX using headphones - How?

We're gonna need more info to help you... what else are you using the HX with? There must be an actual amp or amp modeler somewhere in the equation. The HX by itself isn't good for much unless you're interested in just a raw guitar signal with FX... your basic amp tone has to come from somewhere. 

30 minutes ago, 886343 said:

OK so I got a Behringer P1 and took a jack from the line out and hey presto I now can hear thru my headphones...

And, if your preset is STEREO, you can take signals from BOTH Left and Right Line outs and combine them with the STEREO button - voila! Stereo!

HX Effects through headphones, no matter how you accomplish it, isn’t going to sound right because there’s no amp or cab model. If you have HX Effects, run it into an audio interface into your computer and S-Gear and use the headphone out on your audio interface. You’ll be very happy.

Otherwise, get an HX Stomp or Helix, this has the amp models and the headphone output. 

HX Stomp is one of the coolest things I’ve ever bought. I love it. I have Helix and HX Effects too, but for different purposes.

• 2 weeks later...

You could use an interface into a DAW (which I think you will need in order to have amplifier and cabinet and mic emulations) and then use the headphone jack from your interface.  I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and will try this tonight as I want to see how the HX Effects compares to Logic.  I'll try to remember to reply once I've done that.  But, it should work fine, I think.