PlayinOcean

Delay/snapshots on HX Effects

Hi all,

Been tinkering around with the snapshots on my HX Effects. I'm trying to set one snapshot to 1/4 delay, one shapshot to 1/8 dotted and one to a fixed 320 ms delay. However, once I change the 1 button on my third snapshot to set a time instead of a subset (1/4, 1/8 etc), my other snapshots also change to a fixed time instead of the values I assigned to them.

Am I doing something wrong? If so: please explain to me how I should do it.

Hi :-)

I have a HX Stomp. Found out how it's been done on my device yesterday.

I had to assign controller by snapshots. Delay time (fix) and delay note sync parameters.

1 hour ago, PlayinOcean said:

once I change the 1 button on my third snapshot to set a time instead of a subset (1/4, 1/8 etc), my other snapshots also change to a fixed time instead of the values I assigned to them.

It's an odd limitation, but you cannot change from fixed value (ms) to subdivision value (1/4, 1/8, etc...) with a snapshot. There are features requests on ideascale for this if you want to vote it up...

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Delay-Time-Per-Snapshot-to-include-subdivisions-AND-ms-option/896687-23508

56 minutes ago, Etienne73 said:

I have a HX Stomp. Found out how it's been done on my device yesterday.

I had to assign controller by snapshots. Delay time (fix) and delay note sync parameters.

Are you saying that you found a way to do change the fixed time to subdivision time in a snapshot? If so, please share. 

28 minutes ago, codamedia said:

Are you saying that you found a way to do change the fixed time to subdivision time in a snapshot? If so, please share. 

I thought but I didn't. :-(

Everything looks logical in HX Edit and device Firmware 2.71. But note sync is either on or off for all snapshots with 1 delay block.

I have to use 2 delay blocks in 1 preset as a workaround. 1 delay block for note sync applications and 1 delay block for fix delay times in ms. 

17 minutes ago, Etienne73 said:

I thought but I didn't. :-(

Everything looks logical in HX Edit and device Firmware 2.71. But note sync is either on or off for all snapshots with 1 delay block.

It does seem like a very odd limitation of the HX devices. I'm sure there is a reason you can't change that from a snapshot, but it would sure be great if you could.

IIRC.... not only can't you change from MS to Subdivision, you can't even change from one Subdivision to another. I have an LT with 3 delay blocks. One for slap (fixed ms), one for tap tempo set to 1/8 or 1/4 (I don't remember) and yet another to manage my dotted 8th syncopated delays. Such a waste... because I could have done all of that with one delay if snapshots could control the subdivision settings. 

On 5/27/2019 at 8:05 AM, Etienne73 said:

I'm not sure how helpful but I found a workaround with 1 delay block.

If I change tempo settings to snapshots and set BPM 125 fix for snapshot 3 I get a 320ms delay at 1/4 Triplet note sync.

Yes - this is a common work around for the problem. I prefer to keep my tempo set to GLOBAL so I could make it fit my work flow, but it certainly is a good solution for those that can. 

On 5/27/2019 at 2:22 PM, codamedia said:

... you can't even change from one Subdivision to another ...

... if snapshots could control the subdivision settings ...

Here on my HX Stomp (FW 2.71) it's possible with 1 delay block to have 3 different subdivision snapshots.

8 minutes ago, codamedia said:

Yes - this is a common work around for the problem. I prefer to keep my tempo set to GLOBAL so I could make it fit my work flow, but it certainly is a good solution for those that can. 

So you say it all depends if someone wants to use the tap tempo feature? If yes, this workaround isn't a good choice, right?

5 hours ago, Etienne73 said:

Here on my HX Stomp (FW 2.71) it's possible with 1 delay block to have 3 different subdivision snapshots.

Yes you are correct.... I just revisited that myself and see that it is possible. 

It makes me wonder why I chose to insert a 3rd delay for my syncopated delays though? I must have been too lazy to setup the parameters that day - LOL!