mikefstewart

Future Helix 2

15 hours ago, Marekski said:

Has anyone heard anything more about release Dates of 2.8 and 3.0 Updates??

Hey Marekski,

I wish I could tell you but I'm anticipating  2.80 will be released soon!!!! 

They estimated by the end of spring and never said anything else...

patience, children...

On 5/27/2019 at 9:49 PM, mitchellisdumb said:

I can't give a timeline. But I can say that Line6 has been laying the groundwork for a "Helix 2" that's an incremental upgrade from the Helix Floor.

HD500X would certainly fit that description. However:

• There were DSP sourcing issues (a faster DSP came out at the same price and IIRC, the old one was discontinued)
  • Line 6 in 2019 is VERY DIFFERENT from Line 6 in 2013, independent of the Yamaha acquisition

It's not up to me—though how I wish it was—but I can say with great confidence that no one on Team Helix has any interest in working on a new flagship that anyone in their right mind might perceive as an "incremental upgrade." We're in it to:

• stay ahead of the copycat companies by implementing stuff they simply cannot pull off (due to Line 6/Yamaha/Ampeg patents, domain knowledge, development schedule, or sheer audacity)
  • drop jaws
  • soil pants

8 minutes ago, Digital_Igloo said:

We're in it to:

• stay ahead of the copycat companies by implementing stuff they simply cannot pull off (due to patents, domain knowledge, development schedule, or sheer audacity)
  • drop jaws
  • soil pants

ew.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Digital_Igloo said:

It's not up to me—though how I wish it was—but I can say with great confidence that no one on Team Helix has any interest in working on a new flagship that anyone in their right mind might perceive as an "incremental upgrade." We're in it to:

• stay ahead of the copycat companies by implementing stuff they simply cannot pull off (due to patents, domain knowledge, development schedule, or sheer audacity)
  • drop jaws
  • soil pants

Well thanks, now I've got a boner for something that doesn't even exist yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Digital_Igloo said:
  • Line 6 in 2019 is VERY DIFFERENT from Line 6 in 2013 ..We're in it to:
  • soil pants (Emphasis Mine)

Indeed it has changed. Line 6 appears to also be revolutionizing business metrics far beyond the typical ROI (Return on Investment). 

Now you have the new standard of NOSPs (Number of Soiled Pants). One of these days, if you're allowed to, you'll have to share with us what your target NOSP for 2019 is and if you eventually exceeded the 2018 NOSPs from the Stomp's announcement. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

Indeed it has changed. Line 6 appears to also be revolutionizing business metrics far beyond the typical ROI (Return on Investment). 

Now you have the new standard of NOSPs (Number of Soiled Pants). One of these days, if you're allowed to, you'll have to share with us what your target NOSP for 2019 is and if you eventually exceeded the 2018 NOSPs from the Stomp's announcement. 

The technical term is QOSP. Quantity Of Soiled Pants.

• Haha 3

"QOSP QOSP" could be used to describe the sound of someone chewing cheetos puffs.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, feffa86 said:

"QOSP QOSP" could be used to describe the sound of someone chewing cheetos puffs.

garbage in... ... ...

On 6/11/2019 at 11:34 AM, PeterHamm said:

They estimated by the end of spring and never said anything else...

patience, children...

Who is "they" specifically? Id like to know who to praise "specifically" if they release by the end of spring, and who to bad-mouth specifically if they dont... '; ) 

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, spikey said:

Who is "they" specifically? Id like to know who to praise "specifically" if they release by the end of spring, and who to bad-mouth specifically if they dont... '; ) 

Spikey, you know the answer.  They are them.  Now about that QOSP value … :-)

On 6/12/2019 at 12:32 PM, Digital_Igloo said:

• There were DSP sourcing issues (a faster DSP came out at the same price and IIRC, the old one was discontinued)
  • Line 6 in 2019 is VERY DIFFERENT from Line 6 in 2013, independent of the Yamaha acquisition

• drop jaws
  • soil pants

On 6/12/2019 at 1:32 PM, Digital_Igloo said:

• drop jaws
  • soil pants

Will the soiled pants be available in Marketplace?....;)

QOSP is far too long of an acronym for executives, they will lean it down to QSP (Quality Soiling Policy or something of the sort).