Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd300 Recording Help.

martinsandford

Hey guys after a few years out from recording it seem I've forgot Some basic stuff.

I'm using a pod hd300, Reaper daw, and superior drummer.

My issue is when recording guitar tracks the monitored guitar is too loud (can't hear recorded the drum track)

The only way to level the guitar to the same sound of the drums is to turn the ch/vol knob down but this lowers the volume on the recording track so much so the recorded guitar track can only just be heard.

I'm using the headphone jack on the back of the pod......can't remember how I did it before.....could be that I used monitored speakers but I'm sure I've done it though the phones output before.

The volume knob on the back of the pod works but nowhere near the amount I need for the guitar and drums to sound even whilst guitar recording track being able to reach near peak.

Hope one of you guys/girls can help it would be much appreciated

Fellow Reaper user here -- no better DAW choice out there IMHO.  Recording with peaks between ~-12 to -6dBfs in your DAW is good.  The pro standard is actually -18dBfs for excess headroom for send FX. That's still over 120dB resolution with a 24bit A/I, which the Pod HD's are.

Section 9 in the "POD HD500X Advanced Guide - English ( Rev A )" tells you how to adjust the guitar monitoring level. The 300HD must have the same info. You should get best quality recordings if you record at 24bit 48kHz.  Realtime SR conversion while recording is inferior.

• 4 years later...

Recording issue .....to POD HD300 connected to OBS Studio,

configuration ... as follows:

- POD connected via USB to PC

- POD Output Left/Right ..to monitors

- On PC... OBS Studio  is running .. Table sound = backing track and Mic /Aux is  for PODHD.( Guitar in )

- Mic/Aux ( in OBS) is too loud, and not adjastible ,... even by using rear POD volume knob.

Any suggestions how to get a  proper sound level for guitar recording  ?

Thx