Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help with HX Stomp EXP settings!

JonnyRoxtar

Hey guys. New to the Helix world and absolutely loving the Stomp - it’s replaced my entire Hot Rod Deluxe + FX8 for an upcoming tour requiring simple patch changes. I have managed to set up a Mission expression pedal (no toe button) to control parameters just fine. I have also set up 2 x FS5U foot switches as FS4 and FS5 no problem using a Y cable. So far, so very useful.

But my problem comes if I have one FS5U and the Mission pedal through the Y cable at once. The FS works fine, but the expression pedal travels from 0% at the heel, through 100%, and back to 0% at the toe position. I have them both assigned as FS and EXP respectively, but I can’t seem to find the magic combination of position and polarity to get it just to dial from 0% heel to 100% toe...

Any suggestions? 

Ps. I’m running all the latest software etc...

3 hours ago, JonnyRoxtar said:

Hey guys. New to the Helix world and absolutely loving the Stomp - it’s replaced my entire Hot Rod Deluxe + FX8 for an upcoming tour requiring simple patch changes. I have managed to set up a Mission expression pedal (no toe button) to control parameters just fine. I have also set up 2 x FS5U foot switches as FS4 and FS5 no problem using a Y cable. So far, so very useful.

But my problem comes if I have one FS5U and the Mission pedal through the Y cable at once. The FS works fine, but the expression pedal travels from 0% at the heel, through 100%, and back to 0% at the toe position. I have them both assigned as FS and EXP respectively, but I can’t seem to find the magic combination of position and polarity to get it just to dial from 0% heel to 100% toe...

Any suggestions? 

Ps. I’m running all the latest software etc...

Have you tried reversing the polarity on the Stomp for the expression pedal?  I know that's fixed a few people's problems with this issue. 

13 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

Have you tried reversing the polarity on the Stomp for the expression pedal?  I know that's fixed a few people's problems with this issue. 

Yes - it behaves in exactly the same way whether the polarity is ‘normal’ or ‘inverted’ (that is the behaviour doesn’t reverse - it’s still 0% at heel and toe and 100% in mid position).

I’m wondering whether the pedal only functions properly with tip and ring in play - it works fine with a single end to end TRS cable.

but the fact that it seems to partially work wants me to be able to fix it AND use a FS5U at the same time! Greedy...