Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Firmware 2.80

manix1979

Well, now I see why DI doesn't post here as often.

"Why thing no do thing nobody ever said thing do?" 

"Why no list of things thing no do compared to completely different thing?"

"Why no fix/add thing specific to my use?"

Act like because you spent $1500 you're on some special list of people who deserve to be exactly pleased all the time. 

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, datacommando said:

Sp,

You are usually someone who totally realises, that as soon as 2.80 hits the streets, that’s when the real pi$$in ‘n’ moaning will start all over again! It’s a self perpetuating thing!

;-)

If we could only harness Internet forum fervor as an energy source ... we could power the entire planet - FOREVER!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, silverhead said:

Then things will be focused on the few inevitable bugs (How on earth did this get through beta testing?? Bunch of losers!) and a bug fix release v2.81 within a month or so. 

I will admit, I am looking forward to this update because of a few features that get very little fanfare. But this is a very big update due to the "HX Unity" changes, and I do suspect the masses will unveil a few bugs that beta tests will not... you are right, it is inevitable. I've got a really busy summer so when it does come out I'll be one of those likely to wait for v2.81.

3 hours ago, soundog said:

That's not his avatar; that's datacommando.

“Word, dog!” 

Or, whatever the term is that the young people use nowadays!

(As long as it doesn’t contain “Like” or “So”- that makes me want to puke!)

2 hours ago, bsd512 said:

If we could only harness Internet forum fervor as an energy source ... we could power the entire planet - FOREVER!

Ahh! If only that could be true! 

Although, theoretically it could work - with the amount of noxious gas from the Bull Dust dropped on all the forums across the worldwide web!  ;-)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, datacommando said:

“Word, dog!” 

Or, whatever the term is that the young people use nowadays!

(As long as it doesn’t contain “Like” or “So”- that makes me want to puke!)

Oh man you i loved your comment SO  much, LIKE i love my ex........

43 minutes ago, arislaf said:

Oh man you i loved your comment SO  much, LIKE i love my ex........

Baaaarrrrrrfffffff!

Not only does this darn forum not let you use emojis - it just told me that I have used my quota of “reactions” for today. Hell, how can anyone limit reactions - it happens when it happens, for fooksache!

So, arislaf, you need to know, that made me laugh like a lunatic!  ;-)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, silverhead said:

Right - that always happens!! :-)

You already know exactly how this will go down..... V2.8 is released to mostly positive reviews, with a few people pointing out how their favorite feature is not included (e.g. a tuner in HX Edit). Then things will be focused on the few inevitable bugs (How on earth did this get through beta testing?? Bunch of losers!) and a bug fix release v2.81 within a month or so.  By September the first 'When is v2.9 (better yet, v3.0) coming and what's in it?' thread will be posted and off we go again.... The circle of life among L6 customers.

So this isn't the year 2525?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKQfxi8V5FA

Darn it wrong thread again!  I think Line 6 is recoding me … Good Morning Dave

1 minute ago, silverhead said:

Dave's not here....

No - I'm Dave. Open the door!

What? - Sorry - Dave's not here.....

Our age is showing.  C&C -I would bet not many have heard that album Silver ; )

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Not just that one - I think I have all of them, maybe time to dig out out the Big Bambu!

When I was a teenager, mid-90s timeframe, my dad showed me his copy of Big Bambu with the huge rolling paper still intact. Such a perfect gimmick. While I don’t indulge to full-on Hipster levels, a thing I like about the resurgence of vinyl as a medium for music is the return to having something physical to connect with what you are listening to. Even CDs and tapes had the book in the case, but there is something lost to streaming and downloading everything. It is a far more immersive experience to physically put the music in/on the player and sit down with what is essentially an extension of the artists creation in your hands. Sorry, I’m rambling, it’s late....

/tangent

13 hours ago, Verne-Bunsen said:

... a thing I like about the resurgence of vinyl as a medium for music is the return to having something physical to connect with what you are listening to. Even CDs and tapes had the book in the case, but there is something lost to streaming and downloading everything. It is a far more immersive experience to physically put the music in/on the player and sit down with what is essentially an extension of the artists creation in your hands...

Back in the sixties and seventies, buying an album was a totally immersive experience. Gatefold sleeves, liner notes and incredible artwork were a big part of it. I know some people bought albums on the strength of the artwork alone and knowing nothing of the band on the record. It helped the career of quite a few graphic artists, Roger Dean and Patrick Woodroffe are a couple of examples.

Oh, yeah, that huge paper didn’t survive.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Back in the sixties and seventies, buying an album was a totally immersive experience. Gatefold sleeves, liner notes and incredible artwork were a big part of it. I know some people bought albums on the strength of the artwork alone and knowing nothing of the band on the record. I helped the career of quite a few graphic artist, Roger Dean and Patrick Woodroffe are a couple of examples.

That's it! :-) I loved to read every word on the sleeves, I knew the lyrics, knew the musicians, the producers and so on. Bying an album in 70s/80s was some kind of nearly religious experience (I don't know how to explain it in English - but I think you know what I mean...). And it bound my attention over hours, days, weeks. It has never been the same since I switched to CDs. :-(  My walls in the living room were full of LP-covers in picture frames. I loved the works of Roger Dean, too!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, spikey said:

Sorry for the "off-topic", but Remember this one?

And the great artwork done on the Molly Hatchet albums?  

I have every one of them, some still inside the clear-wrap!

Molly Hatchet - cover art by Frank Frazetta, (famous for Conan the Barbarian comic book covers). Also cover art for Nazareth and Wolfmother.

That album always put me in mind of this one from several years earlier.

Still off topic - A blast from the past - It's amazing what we find to do while killing time waiting for a firmware update to go live!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Molly Hatchet - cover art by Frank Frazetta, (famous for Conan the Barbarian comic book covers). Also cover art for Nazareth and Wolfmother.

That album always put me in mind of this one from several years earlier.

Still of topic - A blast from the past - It's amazing what we find to do while killing time waiting for a firmware update to go live!

Didnt know that batman was a vocalist. Nice tunes though.

Dear Digital_Igloo, is there a way to help you guys with software/firmware testing?

I could offer Helix firmware testing, because it‘s in daily use and in live use as well. Not for now but maybe in future?

Regards

1 hour ago, arislaf said:

Didnt know that batman was a vocalist. Nice tunes though.

Ha ha ha! I had forgotten about that - you see that's what happens when you don't have sleeve notes to read! Damn, that album is 45 years old!

• Upvote 1

Ingredients

1-1/2 pounds Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
3/4 cup ketchup, divided
1/2 cup minced onion
1 egg
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

1) Heat oven to 350°F. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup ketchup, onion, egg, Worcestershire, garlic, thyme, pepper and salt in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape beef into 8 x 4-inch loaf on rack in aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.

2) Place upper oven rack in 350°F oven. Bake 45 to 55 minutes, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F; brush with remaining 1/4 cup ketchup during last 10 minutes, if desired. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into slices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, soundog said:

Ingredients

3/4 cup ketchup, divided
1/2 cup minced onion
1 egg
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

1) Heat oven to 350°F. Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, 1/2 cup ketchup, onion, egg, Worcestershire, garlic, thyme, pepper and salt in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape beef into 8 x 4-inch loaf on rack in aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.

2) Place upper oven rack in 350°F oven. Bake 45 to 55 minutes, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160°F; brush with remaining 1/4 cup ketchup during last 10 minutes, if desired. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into slices.

UND KEINE EIER!!!

Oh wait.... yeah, just read it again, one then? Ok.

UND EINE EIER!!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, soundog said:

Ingredients

3/4 cup ketchup, divided
1/2 cup minced onion
1 egg
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

Meatloaf! - the artist formerly known as Mince!

Oh wait... that doesn’t work. You guys refer to mince as ground beef.

Rats outta Hell. I just remembered that DI once said that Line 6 don’t release new firmware on Fridays, which is the 21st. That must mean we only have to wait until...

7 minutes ago, soundog said:

Yes, you are all correct. These are sort of the lyrics to "Die Eier Von Satan" by Tool. And also some of Meatloaf's lyrics. Very perceptive.

It’s also the ACTUAL translation of the heiroglyphs on the coverstone that Daniel Jackson translated in order to discover the purpose of the Stargate. #knowligd

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/18/2019 at 10:39 PM, soundog said:

Ingredients

3/4 cup ketchup, divided
1/2 cup minced onion
1 egg
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

What is these pounds and F' standing for???  I knew cooking was hard, but now with the hieroglyphs, i am pretty sure i will never cook.

• Haha 1