Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Firmware 2.80

manix1979

I'm not a gambling man, but my money has been on sync with summer NAMM which is next week (given they announced at winter NAMM).  I'd say Wednesday/Thursday next week to gain some press coverage during the show.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bobthedog said:

If the Helix update arrived with a Milla Jovovich installed I would be a happy man.

At the crossroads of Milla and music, you’ll find Puscifer. At least for one song. I’ve seen them twice, but never with Milla. I’d imagine it would be memorable.

Just now, Verne-Bunsen said:

At the crossroads of Milla and music, you’ll find Puscifer. At least for one song. I’ve seen them twice, but never with Milla. I’d imagine it would be memorable.

Puscifer's great! Maynard's 50th Birthday at the Greek (Puscifer, A Perfect Circle, and Failure) was the first date with my now wife.

3 minutes ago, Digital_Igloo said:

Puscifer's great! Maynard's 50th Birthday at the Greek (Puscifer, A Perfect Circle, and Failure) was the first date with my now wife.

What a first date! I’d have given a kidney to have been at that show.

5 hours ago, dattrax said:

I'm not a gambling man, but my money has been on sync with summer NAMM which is next week (given they announced at winter NAMM).  I'd say Wednesday/Thursday next week to gain some press coverage during the show.

Now, this guess has my spidey senses tingling.

19 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

However, he's openly attempting to gag the rest of us if we don't conform to his vision of what's "acceptable".

This^^^-  16 penny NAILED it.  Sometimes the clarity of a statement is just astounding!

FYI...

"Most common nails used in wood to wood construction are referred to in “d” or penny terminology. The “d” is the symbol for penny, which can be traced back as far as the Ancient Roman Empire. There are two theories as to how exactly the measurement came into being. What is conclusive is that the “d” stands for the Roman coin denarius. In English it means “the penny.” The denarius was the coin which many a person used in the Roman empire during the time when Rome occupied what is now England. That’s why it’s called a penny but uses a “d” as the symbol." 

...Now, back to our program on adding a tuner to Helix Editor. ; )

51 minutes ago, merkinball said:

Be ready...

Line 6 Updater 

This version of Line 6 Updater is required for the upcoming Helix 2.80 release.

Careful, that comment could be regarded as "Off Topic", plus it even has it's own thread with updates from Digital Igloo, yay!

https://line6.com/support/topic/48107-line-6-updater-is-required-for-the-upcoming-helix-280-release/?tab=comments#comment-301871

:-)

Knowledge Base also has the info,

...and Frank R posted about it on FarceBuck too

https://www.facebook.com/groups/line6helixusergroup/permalink/1235843993265938/

16 hours ago, dattrax said:

If 2.80 just so happens to drop next Wednesday or Thursday, I can assure you 100% the timing would just be a coincidence. We want this stupid thing out more than any of you and if anyone in marketing were to suggest we wait to align it with Summer NAMM, their heads would be bitten clean off.

We're not above waiting for trade show announcements to release gear (or even other firmware updates, if they're close), but in 2.80's case, it will be out the very minute QA puts their stamp of approval on it.

Man, now I hope it's not Wednesday, for this reason alone. :(

11 minutes ago, Digital_Igloo said:

If 2.80 just so happens to drop next Wednesday or Thursday, I can assure you 100% the timing would just be a coincidence. We want this stupid thing out more than any of you and if anyone in marketing were to suggest we wait to align it with Summer NAMM, their heads would be bitten clean off.

We're not above waiting for trade show announcements to release gear (or even other firmware updates, if they're close), but in 2.80's case, it will be out the very minute QA puts their stamp of approval on it.

Well .... I guess to keep from looking bad Line 6 COULD sit on it a week. True, it'd come at the cost of your corporate soul.

BUT On the plus side, in ten years there would be reasonably entertaining conspiracy theorist threads on YouTube called, "What REALLY happened with 2.8 the week of Summer NAMM 2019?!"

6 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

True, it'd come at the cost of your corporate soul.

The words "corporate" and "soul" don't really belong in the same sentence...

On the other hand, I bet I could order a soul from Amazon, and have it here by this time tomorrow...;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Verne-Bunsen said:

I think I gotta go to the bathroom for a few............... Errrrrrrr

1 hour ago, cruisinon2 said:

On the other hand, I bet I could order a soul from Amazon, and have it here by this time tomorrow...;)

Lightweight yes but I'm betting it still be broken in shipment.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Digital_Igloo said:

Thanks for the info :-)

Let‘s pray that their heads will stay where they should stay :-)

12 hours ago, Digital_Igloo said:

D.I. as you know better than all of us its common practice for the makers and bakers to promote new hardware and software toys and show off new releases at NAMM. Its no slight or negative toward Line-6 (or anyone else) to release information on or promote a new musical thing then, as that is what NAMM is for. So I don't understand the bitterness (if that's what it was) here unless there's a certain person in marketing that deserves it. Releasing 2.8 during NAMM takes NOTHING away from the hard work put in to make it, and please, tell them THANKS for the effort.

On 7/13/2019 at 4:57 PM, Digital_Igloo said:

So it's *definitely* out next Wednesday?  Coooool!

HEY EVERYBODY!  2.8 IS OUT TOMORROW!

(this is kind of how presidents get elected these days.  Clearly tongue and cheek, but you know somebody is going to run with it)

On 7/12/2019 at 1:07 PM, cruisinon2 said:

Making a point is fine and dandy. We all do that here... constantly, lol. But, hoisting oneself upon the moral high ground and acting as if this self-proclaimed status is a birthright to dictate behavior, while denigrating "lesser" people in the process, is quite another. That's not "making a point", it's "punishing the wicked" so that he can pad what is already a comically overblown and thoroughly undeserved swell opinion of himself. It is self serving hypocrisy writ large.

Most people, unless they're paying tuition, don't much care for being lectured by the high and mighty.

I read it as he thinks some of you frequent posters are encouraging each others' off-topic banter in a sort of mutual and pointless verbal masturbation.  He's probably of the opinion that you have no life and do not serve the purposes of the other thousands of posters who have been members as long or longer than you (like ME)  Posters who comment much more conservatively and use this forum for its intended purpose. 

...but what do any of us outside of the club know?  You're awesome in your undisciplined and pointless blatherings.   

Seriously ladies....lighten up.

I appreciate much of your helpful posts (as you all know from my upvotes and thanks) but don't create a movement based on your misteps because a few of you encourage the unproductive delusion.

Granted:  The disabilities thing was a bit much by brother Andy.... but the forum spew isn't much better.

8 minutes ago, spikey said:

Now, why would we ever want to get our skirts dirty for no reason? ; )

seriously?  twisting our knickers is quite a PITA, frankly.  the dangly bits make it so much more so.  well, maybe not PITA, but it still smarts.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, PDKTDK said:

I read it as he thinks some of you frequent posters are encouraging each others' off-topic banter in a sort of mutual and pointless verbal masturbation.  He's probably of the opinion that you have no life and do not serve the purposes of the other thousands of posters who have been members as long or longer than you (like ME)  Posters who comment much more conservatively and use this forum for its intended purpose. 

Why is it that all of you discipline fanatics can't manage to have a discussion without hurling insults? You're all the same... infatuated with "proper" behavior, right up until you disagree with someone, then out come the brass knuckles along with the sanctimoniousness and narcissism.

It's also quite the assumption festival you've got going. "I read it as"..."He's probably of the opinion". Got any more recycled Psych 101 deep thoughts   you'd like to heave from the pulpit, Rev? Don't like what I, or anyone else has to say? Fine. It's no skin off my a$$. And if it makes you feel good to wallow in self- proclaimed nobility because you use the forum "for it's intended purpose", you go on with your bad self, secure in the knowledge that you're a better person.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have no life to get back to.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, PDKTDK said:

Who appointed you the determiner of this forum's "intended purpose"?

43 minutes ago, PDKTDK said:

I read it as he thinks some of you frequent posters are encouraging each others' off-topic banter in a sort of mutual and pointless verbal masturbation.

Yes, we are! And having a good time doing it! This entire thread was pointless since the OP started it. I REPEAT AGAIN AND AGAIN...there's a sticky for you folks who want factual information about the update. Nothing anyone posts here is anything more than conjecture. 

44 minutes ago, PDKTDK said:

...but what do any of us outside of the club know?  You're awesome in your undisciplined and pointless blatherings.

And we'll continue having a good time with our undisciplined and pointless blatherings, if for no other reason than to tick off you and Andy. In fact, that COULD become the point of this thread.

50 minutes ago, PDKTDK said:

He's probably of the opinion that you have no life and do not serve the purposes of the other thousands of posters who have been members as long or longer than you (like ME)

I can't speak for everybody, but I don't exist to serve ANYONE'S purposes but my own. Don't like it? Tough.

Most of the posters on this thread who are having the most fun with it have been here longer than you, have made many more posts than you, and have helped lots of people with actual technical questions. 

48 minutes ago, PDKTDK said:

Seriously ladies....lighten up.

You come on here, criticize and insult us for having fun, then tell US to lighten up? Take your own advice!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

Why is it that all of you discipline fanatics can't manage to have a discussion without hurling insults? Did I call you names?

It's also quite the assumption festival you've got going. "I read it as"..."He's probably of the opinion".Don't like what I, or anyone else has to say? Fine. It's no skin off my a$$. If it makes you feel good to wallow in nobility because you use the forum "for it's intended purpose", you go on with your bad self. Now if you'll excuse me, I have no life to get back to.

I was merely interpreting.  I can see those alleged "insults" but I never insulted you.  On the contrary..... I sympathize with you as well as those who reared you. 

I'm open. Like a guru.

3 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

Who appointed you the determiner of this forum's "intended purpose"?

Yes, we are! And having a good time doing it! This entire thread was pointless since the OP started it. I REPEAT AGAIN AND AGAIN...there's a sticky for you folks who want factual information about the update. Nothing anyone posts here is anything more than conjecture. 

And we'll continue having a good time with our undisciplined and pointless blatherings, if for no other reason than to tick off you and Andy. In fact, that COULD become the point of this thread.

I can't speak for everybody, but I don't exist to serve ANYONE'S purposes but my own. Don't like it? Tough.

Most of the posters on this thread who are having the most fun with it have been here longer than you, have made many more posts than you, and have helped lots of people with actual technical questions. 

You come on here, criticize and insult us for having fun, then tell US to lighten up? Take your own advice!

This is not a fun forum.  This is a "support" forum.  That's how it's listed and accessed.  "Support"  I can see you trying to influence the culture though.  Technical forums are so….male.  We need flowers and stuff.

Grow up.

So, we need support (or incessant bitching) for/about an update that hasn't happened?
Lighten up. People are having fun. Community bonding is a bad thing?
The update happens when it happens, just like with any other software. 
When it comes, pay attention to THOSE threads, and ignore these that are months ahead of time.  It's not life or death, i'm pretty sure.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

It's also quite the assumption festival you've got going. "I read it as"..."He's probably of the opinion". Got any more Psych 101 analyses you'd like to heave from the pulpit, Rev? Don't like what I, or anyone else has to say? Fine. It's no skin off my a$$. And if it makes you feel good to wallow in self- proclaimed nobility because you use the forum "for it's intended purpose", you go on with your bad self, secure in the knowledge that you're a better person.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have no life to get back to.

No.... no one here is unique.  Not you.  Not Andy.  The fact that I responded is only because I resonated with SOME of his thoughts. 

I respect that you feel empowered and pumped-up by your fan base or cohorts. I've moderated and participated in forums for years.  That doesn't make your forum use actually correct...or respectful. You are essentially attacking me for pointing out the facts of this particular forum.

I don't care that you have no regard for this forum or maybe more accurately you have settled into a level of comfort beyond its actually purpose based on encouragement from outside factors/people.  All good.

But don't claim you are being attacked or insulted because you cannot rebut the facts that are shoved in your...…...over-indudged face.

5 minutes ago, PDKTDK said:

I was merely interpreting.  I can see those alleged "insults" but I never insulted you.  On the contrary..... I sympathize with you as well as those who reared you. 

I'm open. Like a guru.

This is not a fun forum.  This is a "support" forum.  That's how it's listed and accessed.  "Support"  I can see you trying to influence the culture though.  Technical forums are so….male.  We need flowers and stuff.

Grow up.

Gotta hand it to you... you managed to backpedal and get in another dig at the same time.

The enlightened are often skilled manipulators... chastising here, having "sympathy" there, and the occasional "no, no that's not what I meant...I didn't insult you, I was merely 'interpreting'. I feel for everybody". Must be a hoot to play the brigand and white knight simultaneously. I bet it works most of the time, too. But despite all the tap dancing, the underlying sentiment never changes. We get it. You're smarter and more evolved... and deep down you feel bad for us and hope that one day all us poor savages might get "woke", too...

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, PDKTDK said:

But don't claim you are being attacked or insulted because you cannot rebut the facts that are shoved in your...…...over-indudged face.

Which part of this is the non-insult?

Never mind. I'm wrong, you're right. I concede, am appropriately ashamed, and I humbly repent. That do it for ya?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cruisinon2 said:

Gotta hand it to you... you managed to backpedal and get in another dig at the same time.

The enlightened are often skilled manipulators... chastising here, having "sympathy" there, and the occasional "no, no that's not what I meant...I didn't insult you, I was merely 'interpreting'. I feel for everybody". Must be a hoot to play the brigand and white knight simultaneously. I bet it works most of the time, too. But despite all the tap dancing, the underlying sentiment never changes. We get it. You're smarter and more evolved... and deep down you feel bad for us and hope that one day all us poor savages might get "woke", too...

Once again you fail to address the intended purposes of this forum versus your blathering. ...but I will take your personal insults under advisement...when I actually read that far.

whoah, guys. this isn't even a released update.  people are being silly.  it's okay. not an apology for anyone, but if you've ever dealt with software update cycles...err....you know how it goes.  no need to get at each others' throats about it.  all good yeah?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

The enlightened are often skilled manipulators... chastising here, having "sympathy" there, and the occasional "no, no that's not what I meant...I didn't insult you, I was merely 'interpreting'.

Apparently you didn't read closely.  I believe I stated "I read it as..." or something closely related.  ...but if you are insulted by my carefully chosen words....that was by willful choice.  Not by me.  I was quite intentional not to own it.

...but still if we are going to derail a thread...this is much better than what was happening.  :)

48 minutes ago, PDKTDK said:

Grow up.

I repeat, for the comprehension challenged - Who appointed you to define the purpose of this forum or the words we can speak on it?

Sometimes the best support is humor.

About growing up, it includes being able to acknowledge when you've been a horse's a$$.

Every reply you make is spouting more road apples.

2 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

I repeat, for the comprehension challenged - Who appointed you to define the purpose of this forum or the words we can speak on it?

Sometimes the best support is humor.

About growing up, it includes being able to acknowledge when you've been a horse's a$$.

Every reply you make is spouting more road apples.

I would ask you who appointed you the personality and wankmeister of the SUPPORT forum.

Go to LINE6.COM and find your way to this forum.  Let me know what keywords got you here.

I'm not redefining the forum's purpose.... you are.

Dude.... Bless you.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, PDKTDK said:

Go to LINE6.COM and find your way to this forum.  Let me know what keywords got you here.

I repeat, for the comprehension challenged, sometimes the best support is humor.

33 minutes ago, PDKTDK said:

I'm not redefining the forum's purpose.... you are.

I never said you were RE-defining it. I said you were DEFINING it. This forum has ALWAYS been a community of musicians, saying what we feel like and employing humor in our discussions, as humans are wont to do. There's no rule-book that says "Serious technical discussions ONLY! No Funnin' allowed!" That's the problem with free people, trying to keep us in line is like herding cats.

When are you going to acknowledge the oft made point that there's an official L6 sticky for serious folks like you, who want "Just the facts, ma'am".

Your only purpose with these posts is to start a fight.

I'd rather laugh and have fun! You're welcome to join us, but if you can't get the stick out, go somewhere else to be a party pooper.

• Upvote 1