Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Firmware 2.80

manix1979

3 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

World peace takes time . .

Or an army of beauty queens.....that's why 2.8 is taking so long! We're getting Beauty Queens! Now I'm REALLY excited!

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 8:50 AM, Verne-Bunsen said:

At the crossroads of Milla and music, you’ll find Puscifer. At least for one song. I’ve seen them twice, but never with Milla. I’d imagine it would be memorable.

After listening to that I'm hoping there is a mute switch on the new "Milla Jovovich" helix addition :)

5 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

It's clear 2.8 will solve many problems, but it may also be what finally brings this forum BACK together again! 

Naw, never gonna happen. The "squad" part 2 won't allow it. ; ) 

And besides, when 2.8 hits we have to gripe about no tuner in the editor....

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

It's clear 2.8 will solve many problems, but it may also be what finally brings this forum BACK together again! 

There's adding a "insufferable  a$$hole" filter?!?!?!?! Well I was excited before, but now I'm positively giddy with anticipation. Fingers crossed that it'll be a global setting... ;)

6 hours ago, rd2rk said:

I repeat, for the comprehension challenged, sometimes the best support is humor.

I never said you were RE-defining it. I said you were DEFINING it. This forum has ALWAYS been a community of musicians, saying what we feel like and employing humor in our discussions, as humans are wont to do. There's no rule-book that says "Serious technical discussions ONLY! No Funnin' allowed!" That's the problem with free people, trying to keep us in line is like herding cats.

When are you going to acknowledge the oft made point that there's an official L6 sticky for serious folks like you, who want "Just the facts, ma'am".

Your only purpose with these posts is to start a fight.

I'd rather laugh and have fun! You're welcome to join us, but if you can't get the stick out, go somewhere else to be a party pooper.

I'm not trying to make you feel uncomfortable
I'm not trying to make you anything at all
But this feeling doesn't come along everyday
And you shouldn't blow the chance
When you've got the chance to say

I love you
I honestly love you
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, PDKTDK said:

I was merely interpreting.  I can see those alleged "insults" but I never insulted you.  On the contrary..... I sympathize with you as well as those who reared you. 

I'm open. Like a guru.

This is not a fun forum.  This is a "support" forum.  That's how it's listed and accessed.  "Support"  I can see you trying to influence the culture though.  Technical forums are so….male.  We need flowers and stuff.

Grow up.

Good Lord!!! Now you're monitoring fun?!?!?!? And you're assigning a gender to this? Females can't respond in technical forums in a like manner? Oh pray tell how do females respond? Oh, you told me. With flowers and stuff. Please take your internal fun meter, gender bias and "grown up" a$$ back to the hall you were monitoring.

7 hours ago, PDKTDK said:

I would ask you who appointed you the personality and wankmeister of the SUPPORT forum?

Go to LINE6.COM and find your way to this forum.  Let me know what keywords got you here.

I'm not redefining the forum's purpose.... you are. 

Dude.... Bless you.

Answering a question with a question. This would be a classic retort from people who can't come up with an intelligent response? Let me join in too.

"Who appointed you the personality and wankmeister of the SUPPORT forum?"

Why that's the same question as yours. And totally applies to you as well. Can't wait for the clever question you choose to answer your own question with.

And redefining? I didn't know this forum has a definition. It has a description. Not the same as a definition.

You're the one that started this little diatribe with your myopic definition of what this should be. You're the one that started telling people that what they were doing was wrong. Telling people how things should be. Spouting all the rules (your word) that aren't written anywhere other than your own mind. DEFINING what this forum is supposed to be. They are merely responding to you. Which results in more of what you claim to be wrong i.e. the "derailment" of this forum. Why that would be doing what you're telling people not to do which would be, let's see, whats the definition? Oh yeah, hypocritical. Which actually makes responding to you fun.

OH NO!!! Now you're making the forum fun. But it's not supposed to be fun!! Now what are you going to do? If you answer you will be making this forum more fun which is what it is not supposed to be according to you. What a dilemma. I suspect that you get some fun out of playing forum cop. Boy, that would mean the hypocrisy just keeps piling on.

Hey, that was FUN.

• Upvote 2

Proof that nothing good ever happens beyond page two of a thread...

I stepped out for 16 pages and return to find a divided community with an unhealthy dose of passive aggression.

Sadly, it's difficult not to look at a crash scene! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, markdaniels76 said:

Steady on.....2.8 could have been released whilst your babbling on...

This SuPOORt forum gives me the $h1T$..

Nope. Would have noticed if it had. The babbling just doesn't take that long. But this was a very clever insult. I'm impressed.

• Haha 1

Ah, its always the new kids who haven't been around thinking they know whats up. This is a USER support form, meaning its USERS helping USERS. If you think its gonna be some sort of of official Wiki for Helix, then, uh, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. People, its easy enough to unfollow a thread, or just not respond to posts that you have no interest in. It's even OK to have a civil disagreement about topics you ARE interested in. Don't seek out upsetting things on the internet and then get mad that they are upsetting. Some people's kids, I swear...

• Upvote 2

The irony is just so thick. The person who is maintaining that we're all in the wrong for making off topic posts is on his way to taking first place for just that.   

At least Andy just made his point and then moved on.  He made a couple of rebuttals but I don't think he ever got to the point of hypocrisy.  

The difference between off topic posts and ongoing chastising posts is that one of them is amusing.

I'm happy to say I've never looked for it on this forum (or any forum for that matter) but I've noticed some forums out there have a "report" process.  Perhaps it would be better if those that don't like off topic posts just report us the the moderators.  If the moderators see fit, they can tell us to get back on topic.

Humans where given the ability to choose. 

You either choose too or not too. 

Clearly most of us have too musch time on our hands waiting for 3.0 to come out, which is creating some amusing posts.   I choose to find the humour in it. 

Its a full moon cycle right now too and the emergency rooms are packed. 

3 hours ago, PDKTDK said:
I'm not trying to make you feel uncomfortable
I'm not trying to make you anything at all
But this feeling doesn't come along everyday
And you shouldn't blow the chance
When you've got the chance to say

I love you
I honestly love you

If this is pure and simple....
It's coming from your heart, not your head....
It's not likely this moment will be ending with a kiss....
But I'm happy to just be leaving it at this.....

Somebody pass PDKTDK a coconut!

• Downvote 1

hey fellas! .... while we're waiting... A question!

I'm gonna do a custom build guitar.  I'm thinking about what to do for the inlays.  What issues might there be if I do something really big across the neck?  Would it be more prone to warping since more wood is taken out of the fretboard or is it no issue at all?

56 minutes ago, litesnsirens said:

Perhaps it would be better if those that don't like off topic posts just report us the the moderators.  If the moderators see fit, they can tell us to get back on topic.

The only problem with that set-up is that you invariably wind up with tyranny of the minority, with a handful control freaks constantly reporting every innocuous post. This isn't a kindergarten at nap time.... formal "shushing", no matter what the source, shouldn't be necessary.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

The only problem with that set-up is that you invariably wind up with tyranny of the minority, with a handful control freaks constantly reporting every innocuous post. This isn't a kindergarten at nap time.... formal "shushing", no matter what the source, shouldn't be necessary.

If this place turns into TGP 2.0, I'm out. Everybody just needs to unclench their butt cheeks and learn how that little wheel at the middle of the mouse works. Give it a spin and all of the sudden the crap you don't want to read ISN'T IN FRONT OF YOU ANYMORE. Crazy, right?! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, the_bees_knees22 said:

hey fellas! .... while we're waiting... A question!

I'm gonna do a custom build guitar.  I'm thinking about what to do for the inlays.  What issues might there be if I do something really big across the neck?  Would it be more prone to warping since more wood is taken out of the fretboard or is it no issue at all?

I'm no luthier, but I wouldn't think it would matter... the inlays themselves I think are rather thin, no? Can't imagine you'd be removing so much wood as to cause instability in the neck...I don't think you'd even route all the way through fretboard, much less actually be removing material from the neck itself.

4 hours ago, brue58ski said:

Answering a question with a question. This would be a classic retort from people who can't come up with an intelligent response? Let me join in too.

LOL Not quite but I do luvs selective and creative interpretation. Thank you sweetie  

Any 2.8 news today?

• Upvote 1

On 7/16/2019 at 10:18 PM, PDKTDK said:

I read it as he thinks some of you frequent posters are encouraging each others' off-topic banter in a sort of mutual and pointless verbal masturbation.  He's probably of the opinion that you have no life and do not serve the purposes of the other thousands of posters who have been members as long or longer than you (like ME)  Posters who comment much more conservatively and use this forum for its intended purpose. 

...but what do any of us outside of the club know?  You're awesome in your undisciplined and pointless blatherings.   

Seriously ladies....lighten up.

I appreciate much of your helpful posts (as you all know from my upvotes and thanks) but don't create a movement based on your misteps because a few of you encourage the unproductive delusion.

Granted:  The disabilities thing was a bit much by brother Andy.... but the forum spew isn't much better.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to characterize "verbal masturbation" as trying to get everyone else to shut up while only you speak?  :-)  Using sexual innuendo and accusing everyone of being "ladies" (intended as a derogatory term) is what I would deem "control freak" with the emphasis on freak, with a little sexism thrown in for good measure. Probably inaccurate too as women might well be having a more civil conversation.  Can you honestly exhort everyone else to keep it professional while simultaneously using tactics like this? 

We get it already. Different people pursue different strategies when they are waiting. Some converse and attempt to entertain and others kick and bite and try and get things to pop off, some do both simultaneously. You appear to be in the middle group but ultimately we are all just waiting together. You are in the "club" too. Your particular form of preferred  entertainment just involves a much more contentious exchange and unsurprisingly you are getting your wish. Mere friendly banter interspersed with technical conversation when the opportunity arises isn't cutting it for you. You need some blood in the water if you're gonna make it to the firmware release. Food fight! Paradoxically that's argumentative but also diverting while waiting. Sorry to tell you but even this is fun while we stand in line. Perhaps not your intended consequence. Man all of this is just so predictable.  Line6 has got to be thinking "yikes let's get this firmware out before things get really ugly" in between laughing their a$$es off at these utterly pointless conflicts. Your posts at least elicit some funny responses so thanks for that anyway.  Peace!

3 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Did you check the sticky?

That would involve looking for an answer from a definitive source and completely surrender the side-quest of becoming a respected hall monitor by bending others to ones will.

download.jpg

• Haha 3

I dropped by the TGP Helix 2.8 thread and discovered that I was, like, 15 pages behind! So I caught up, and just had to laugh. There's one of these going on over there too. That person managed to be offended by a "beating a dead horse" emoji, and Frank R's flying/aircraft metaphors! As Gunpoint metal said, "some people's kids"!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, soundog said:

Everyody's hating and yelling at each other. The Trump Effect is spreading.

Only those with TDS can be affected by it. ; ) 

OMG! POLITICS TOO!

No, we were talking about a new Pedal with a "Time Delay System" developed by the "Trum Piano" company.... Jeeezzzz...; P

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Lachdanan0121 said:

I found this at Sweetwater when I got home today.

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/first-look-helix-firmware-v2-80/

As much as I don’t want to get any of the ranty/moany parts of this thread on me, I think it is pretty funny that they referenced the Spring 2019 2.8 release. That’s gold, Jerry! Gold!

3 hours ago, Marekski said:

I wont be attending Summer NAMM, but if anyone does and is Truely Excited about Upcoming Helix or Line 6 Products, Future Updates, Firmware Releases, etc...

Please Share!

I think there’s enough True Excitement regarding updates and firmware releases already.

2.80 "The Missed Connections Update"
AVAILABLE SPRING SECOND SPRING 2019—Don't go looking for it now!

Has the post been modified, second spring? Southern Hemisphere? so version 2.80 will be released after September?

41 minutes ago, Farcito said:

2.80 "The Missed Connections Update"
AVAILABLE SPRING SECOND SPRING 2019—Don't go looking for it now!

Has the post been modified, second spring? Southern Hemisphere? so version 2.80 will be released after September?

Yer kinda late to this party, brother!