Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Firmware 2.80

manix1979

1 hour ago, Farcito said:

2.80 "The Missed Connections Update"
AVAILABLE SPRING SECOND SPRING 2019—Don't go looking for it now!

Has the post been modified, second spring? Southern Hemisphere? so version 2.80 will be released after September?

No its coming soon. I'd bet this week if not today, judging by what Frank R stated this morning on The Gear Page.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, the_bees_knees22 said:

Son...'NAMM was hell.  I remember being surrounded by 50 viet cong.... it was hell man..  just hell..

/flashback begins 
DHdv5Xs.jpg

Whoa! Whoa! Hold on there buddy. Let me get my PDKTDK Fun/Support Meter out. Hmmmm. Yep, just as I suspected. You're obviously having too much fun and not properly supporting this thread. Be careful or the Hall Monitor will be all over you. And I can assure you, You don't want that.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, brue58ski said:

Whoa! Whoa! Hold on there buddy. Let me get my PDKTDK Fun/Support Meter out. Hmmmm. Yep, just as I suspected. You're obviously having too much fun and not properly supporting this thread. Be careful or the Hall Monitor will be all over you. And I can assure you, You don't want that.

The fun is about to begin sweetheart.  You might want to change your panties for this one. 

2.8 seems to be eminent!

34 minutes ago, Rocco_Crocco said:

Anyone have any NFL predictions for this year? I think my Eagles have a real shot...

You spelt it wrong, its NHL.

no team called Eagles either, whatchoo smokin? 

send it up north. 

2 hours ago, PDKTDK said:

The fun is about to begin sweetheart.  You might want to change your panties for this one. 

2.8 seems to be eminent!

Sorry to break your heart but, as I've told you many times, I'm not your sweetheart and it's awfully arrogant of you to assume that everyone wears the same underwear you do let alone have to change them all the time. Perhaps you should consider a large diaper like Depends?

Seeing that the original list of added amps and effects hasn't changed since Jan., I'm excited to see if they do add any more things into the update. I'm already excited about the Zendrive and KOT. I would love to see a Guv'nor put in there, but there is so much to choose from now, you can get lost for hours and create pretty much whatever your ears could ever want to hear. I went from the HD500 to the Helix LT 2 weeks ago so I'm still building basic presets and loading IRs. The new additions will be awesome, and I am in agreement that the timing with Summer NAMM would be nice

2 hours ago, brue58ski said:

Sorry to break your heart but, as I've told you many times, I'm not your sweetheart and it's awfully arrogant of you to assume that everyone wears the same underwear you do let alone have to change them all the time. Perhaps you should consider a large diaper like Depends?

You can’t ignore me.   If you’re not my sweetheart you are most certainly my lollipop with a capital B. 

1 hour ago, cruisinon2 said:

The word you're groping for is "imminent"...

The word you're groping for is "imminent"...

I blame Siri word Nazi. Seig heil your eminence. 

Congrats to all who will benefit from 2.8. L6 link for DTs has been a long time coming. 

I'm frozen on "rebuilding preset 265".... sobs

what I did (HELIX RACK) : restart with ENC5 & ENC6 - reset globals and restore presets, setlists, and IRs (entire factory restore)

and trying right now to restore backup and IR with HX Edit, and it worked...

image.thumb.png.e568803c5864ed7c01dba6a654e4c8e9.png

Stating the obvious with a profound sense of discovery but 2.8 is now available on the download page.  Anyone having a successful upgrade experience (ye bold bleeding edgers)?  Please let us know, especially if you had to do something outside of the update instructions to get it working. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PDKTDK said:

You can’t ignore me.   If you’re not my sweetheart you are most certainly my lollipop with a capital B. 

Ignore you? Wasn't I responding to you? That would not be the definition ignore. Perhaps along with the diapers you should pick up a dictionary. And no, I'm not your word with a capital B in any way shape or form. More wishful thinking on your part. You're no good as a bully. Just stick to monitoring that hall. Though you're no good at it either, it's what you seem to be best at.

v2.80 firmware upgrade was going great, until I got to the "Boot Failure, Entered Update Mode!" error.... now I'm stuck (with :-3 in the top left corner in red).

Been like this for 10 minutes, I clicked the "OK" to continue the upgrade in the update utility and it has clearly failed....AHHHHHHHHHH

What should I do?  The progress indicator is still spinning, but it's definitely stuck in a loop or something.....

4 minutes ago, mongopotamus said:

4 minutes ago, mongopotamus said:

v2.80 firmware upgrade was going great, until I got to the "Boot Failure, Entered Update Mode!" error.... now I'm stuck (with :-3 in the top left corner in red).

Been like this for 10 minutes, I clicked the "OK" to continue the upgrade in the update utility and it has clearly failed....AHHHHHHHHHH

What should I do?  The progress indicator is still spinning, but it's definitely stuck in a loop or something.....

see the post above yours

11 minutes ago, zanek said:

Updated my LT without any problems just minutes ago(Windows).

Does anybody know where I can find a current manual(pdf) for 2.80 (if it exists)? The available one on https://de.line6.com/support/manuals/helixlt is labeled for Firmware 2.10 :-/ 

The latest manual is the one you mention - for v2.10. The next manual release will be for firmware v3.0. Meantime the release notes for each individual release contain information on all new features and operations.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mongopotamus said:

my Helix floor has done the same too ,seems to be going nowhere....

after some time I got it working by

1   unplug usb

2   turn off helix

3   hold down button 6 and 12 and turn power on

4  when Helix logo appears let go

5  make sure to install latest HXedit with all the drivers

6  Plug Usb in

7  open the update app and reinstall file

Hope this is helpful

Edited by Steve2010
Found solution
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 4:13 AM, rd2rk said:

...I REPEAT AGAIN AND AGAIN...there's a sticky for you folks who want factual information about the update. Nothing anyone posts here is anything more than conjecture. 

2 hours ago, Digital_Igloo said:

Now out: 

So, which thread did Digital_Igloo decide to announce the release on?  And how many people are going to miss it because:

A.  They assume Line 6 would have the common sense to announce it on their official sticky, it would of course be ridiculous to do otherwise, wouldn't it?

B.  They won't bother looking here because it's been hijacked by a bunch of schoolgirls.

Great job forum admin.

-

5 minutes ago, Andy1175 said:

So, which thread did Digital_Igloo decide to announce the release on?  And how many people are going to miss it because:

A.  They assume Line 6 would have the common sense to announce it on their official sticky, it would of course be ridiculous to do otherwise, wouldn't it?

B.  They won't bother looking here because it's been hijacked by a bunch of schoolgirls.

Great job forum admin.

-

If their are those that couldn't figure out the update dropped. 

I call it natural selection. 

Full moon in northern hemi still.

• Like 1