manix1979

Helix Firmware 2.80

I'm not a gambling man, but my money has been on sync with summer NAMM which is next week (given they announced at winter NAMM).  I'd say Wednesday/Thursday next week to gain some press coverage during the show.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bobthedog said:

If the Helix update arrived with a Milla Jovovich installed I would be a happy man.

At the crossroads of Milla and music, you’ll find Puscifer. At least for one song. I’ve seen them twice, but never with Milla. I’d imagine it would be memorable.

Just now, Verne-Bunsen said:

At the crossroads of Milla and music, you’ll find Puscifer. At least for one song. I’ve seen them twice, but never with Milla. I’d imagine it would be memorable.

Puscifer's great! Maynard's 50th Birthday at the Greek (Puscifer, A Perfect Circle, and Failure) was the first date with my now wife.

3 minutes ago, Digital_Igloo said:

Puscifer's great! Maynard's 50th Birthday at the Greek (Puscifer, A Perfect Circle, and Failure) was the first date with my now wife.

What a first date! I’d have given a kidney to have been at that show.

5 hours ago, dattrax said:

I'm not a gambling man, but my money has been on sync with summer NAMM which is next week (given they announced at winter NAMM).  I'd say Wednesday/Thursday next week to gain some press coverage during the show.

Now, this guess has my spidey senses tingling.

19 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

However, he's openly attempting to gag the rest of us if we don't conform to his vision of what's "acceptable".

This^^^-  16 penny NAILED it.  Sometimes the clarity of a statement is just astounding!

FYI...

"Most common nails used in wood to wood construction are referred to in “d” or penny terminology. The “d” is the symbol for penny, which can be traced back as far as the Ancient Roman Empire. There are two theories as to how exactly the measurement came into being. What is conclusive is that the “d” stands for the Roman coin denarius. In English it means “the penny.” The denarius was the coin which many a person used in the Roman empire during the time when Rome occupied what is now England. That’s why it’s called a penny but uses a “d” as the symbol." 

...Now, back to our program on adding a tuner to Helix Editor. ; )

51 minutes ago, merkinball said:

Be ready...

Line 6 Updater 

This version of Line 6 Updater is required for the upcoming Helix 2.80 release.

Careful, that comment could be regarded as "Off Topic", plus it even has it's own thread with updates from Digital Igloo, yay!

https://line6.com/support/topic/48107-line-6-updater-is-required-for-the-upcoming-helix-280-release/?tab=comments#comment-301871

:-)

Knowledge Base also has the info,

...and Frank R posted about it on FarceBuck too

https://www.facebook.com/groups/line6helixusergroup/permalink/1235843993265938/

16 hours ago, dattrax said:

If 2.80 just so happens to drop next Wednesday or Thursday, I can assure you 100% the timing would just be a coincidence. We want this stupid thing out more than any of you and if anyone in marketing were to suggest we wait to align it with Summer NAMM, their heads would be bitten clean off.

We're not above waiting for trade show announcements to release gear (or even other firmware updates, if they're close), but in 2.80's case, it will be out the very minute QA puts their stamp of approval on it.

Man, now I hope it's not Wednesday, for this reason alone. :(

11 minutes ago, Digital_Igloo said:

If 2.80 just so happens to drop next Wednesday or Thursday, I can assure you 100% the timing would just be a coincidence. We want this stupid thing out more than any of you and if anyone in marketing were to suggest we wait to align it with Summer NAMM, their heads would be bitten clean off.

We're not above waiting for trade show announcements to release gear (or even other firmware updates, if they're close), but in 2.80's case, it will be out the very minute QA puts their stamp of approval on it.

Well .... I guess to keep from looking bad Line 6 COULD sit on it a week. True, it'd come at the cost of your corporate soul.

BUT On the plus side, in ten years there would be reasonably entertaining conspiracy theorist threads on YouTube called, "What REALLY happened with 2.8 the week of Summer NAMM 2019?!"

6 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

True, it'd come at the cost of your corporate soul.

The words "corporate" and "soul" don't really belong in the same sentence...

On the other hand, I bet I could order a soul from Amazon, and have it here by this time tomorrow...;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Verne-Bunsen said:

I think I gotta go to the bathroom for a few............... Errrrrrrr

1 hour ago, cruisinon2 said:

On the other hand, I bet I could order a soul from Amazon, and have it here by this time tomorrow...;)

Lightweight yes but I'm betting it still be broken in shipment.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Digital_Igloo said:

Thanks for the info :-)

Let‘s pray that their heads will stay where they should stay :-)

12 hours ago, Digital_Igloo said:

D.I. as you know better than all of us its common practice for the makers and bakers to promote new hardware and software toys and show off new releases at NAMM. Its no slight or negative toward Line-6 (or anyone else) to release information on or promote a new musical thing then, as that is what NAMM is for. So I don't understand the bitterness (if that's what it was) here unless there's a certain person in marketing that deserves it. Releasing 2.8 during NAMM takes NOTHING away from the hard work put in to make it, and please, tell them THANKS for the effort.