Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Firmware 2.80

manix1979

Summary to this point:

"Where's my update. L6 owes me!"

"I think L6 should provide update status reports weekly/daily/hourly. They owe me! They're SO unprofessional!"

"I think L6 should just keep quiet and not say anything until the updates they owe me are done! And they'd better be quick about it! They're SO unprofessional!"

"You think my illogical and/or self-contradictory posts are invalid because you're all a bunch of nasty L6 fanbois!"

"Shut up and play yer guitar!"

I'm in that last group.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps I chose to enter the wrong forum... clearly any opinion which differs from L6's isn't welcome here..

You are only in the wrong forum if you can not and will not ever be wrong about anything. Lord knows I've been wrong before every time I thought I was and wasn't.  ; )

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, markdaniels76 said:

'IIRC L6 has stated that Helix has plenty of life in it yet - as in years.' -- Where did you get 'years' from that statement? was that an official L6 statement? if so link it...

In the Helix thread on TGP this has been stated multiple times by multiple "In the Know" L6 reps.......TL;DR?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisinon2 said:

In which case we'd all be treated to the exact same gripe-fest, just with a slightly different stench. We would drown in "Why doesn't Line 6 ever tell us anything?" threads instead. They can't win. It's like asking which of the Menendez brothers you like better.... or if you'd prefer the 5 lb or 10 lb bag of $hit? ;)

The bag of sh!t is an easy choice...the 10 lb bag.  It will be a present for my neighbor two houses up who continuously lets their dog out of their house, unsupervised, and then sh!ts in my front yard, only to be the ones who are upset when confronted about it.  

But in reality, you're right.  People are gonna complain no matter what.

Hold your horses folks, we are not demanding anything  just plain curious,

We all know it’s ready when it’s ready, but would have been nice with some teasers 

since spring is almost over...  believe it or not summer has already started over here...

6 hours ago, spikey said:

So you don't have great amps and effects and routing functionality now? Really?

I thought the high level of sarchasm in my comment was pretty clear. The point I was trying to make was exactly that. There is plenty to play with now and no need to sit waiting for 2.8 to drop. 

Honestly, if we can just figure out how to have this brawl go for a few more weeks I think we'll all be entertained and suddenly look up to see that 2.8 is already here.

Quick, somebody call someone a poo poo head.

13 minutes ago, mbtainton said:

I thought the high level of sarchasm in my comment was pretty clear. The point I was trying to make was exactly that. There is plenty to play with now and no need to sit waiting for 2.8 to drop. 

Didn't catch the "sarcasm" or facetious part- please pardon me.   : )

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

Honestly, if we can just figure out how to have this brawl go for a few more weeks I think we'll all be entertained and suddenly look up to see that 2.8 is already here.

POO POO HAID!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

It will be awesome for sure. At first. Then it will be "why" didnt they do this, they had XXX amount of time to do this! BLAH BLAH it frose up on me, no sound out of,  midi was better, etc etc in a matter of days... sigh... You old poo poo head! ; )

• Haha 1

I think the point most of the eager peeps are getting at is that whilst yes we are happy with all the routing etc. etc. same old record.. we're looking for some advancements, we're ready for the next installment form L6.. I'm glad the 'happy as we are' crew don't work within my company, resting on laurels is a sure fire way to be shown the exit door... whilst L6 rests those Fractal guys are busy!... Be warned..bragging rights will be revoked, boys!

Haha. Feel like a troll now..!

1 minute ago, markdaniels76 said:

we're looking for some advancements, we're ready for the next installment form L6

Imagine the panic at Fender if Leo had insisted that actual real amps got developed professionally fast :-)

Helix firmware isn't a YouTube channel. Chiding it for not spewing the new fast enough is a misplaced criticism, imo. Unless there are specifics you want addressed, in which case it's a different conversation.

10 minutes ago, markdaniels76 said:

Point is id be very surprised to see Helix hit V3.0.. thought that might have been pretty obvious?... Even if I am wrong...the point seems clear?

Your point is very clear. You're the BOSS, and you're angry that L6 isn't giving you what you want, and even angrier that you can't fire them. BUT YOU CAN!

Show those lazy unprofessional L6 monkeys the door by buying a Fractal! That'll show 'em! Teach 'em how a proper troll.......errr, BOSS, handles ungrateful employees!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, markdaniels76 said:

Point is id be very surprised to see Helix hit V3.0..

And I'd be even more suprised if it didn't, along with others here, I suspect.

18 minutes ago, markdaniels76 said:

we're looking for some advancements

Yup, the devs will call it a day at 2.9 just to spite us all. I have to say that now I am resigned to the fact that we won't ever be getting a local weather feed in Edit I could live with that. Some of the amp models are actually pretty good as they stand. And the other stuff too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uW2lucCx_8

6 minutes ago, BBD_123 said:

Imagine the panic at Fender if Leo had insisted that actual real amps got developed professionally fast :-)

Helix firmware isn't a YouTube channel. Chiding it for not spewing the new fast enough is a misplaced criticism, imo. Unless there are specifics you want addressed, in which case it's a different conversation.

You still on my misplaced grammar... Mr. Perfect BBD.. as stated I do apologize,  I'm slightly at a disadvantage when it comes to word games as I'm dyslexic, 

Thank you for letting the world know however that Firmware isn't a youtube channel.. very wise.. I'll make a note for my staff

If you're not interested in another release why are you even reading this thread?

Anyway.. looking forward to the release, and will hold off the purchase of my third Helix until I see it...

2 minutes ago, BBD_123 said:

I have to say that now I am resigned to the fact that we won't ever be getting a local weather feed in Edit

We need a poll function here. What will we get first in Edit - A local weather feed or Spikey's tuner?

22 minutes ago, markdaniels76 said:

You still on my misplaced grammar... Mr. Perfect BBD..

?

22 minutes ago, markdaniels76 said:

as stated I do apologize,  I'm slightly at a disadvantage when it comes to word games as I'm dyslexic,

I'm not playing word games with you. I've tried to be clear, but may have failed.

23 minutes ago, markdaniels76 said:

If you're not interested in another release why are you even reading this thread?

But speaking of word games, I didn't say that.

14 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

Your point is very clear. You're the BOSS, and you're angry that L6 isn't giving you what you want, and even angrier that you can't fire them. BUT YOU CAN!

Show those lazy unprofessional L6 monkeys the door by buying a Fractal! That'll show 'em! Teach 'em how a proper troll.......errr, BOSS, handles ungrateful employees!

I already have a Fractal... 

And a BOSS lol... But its a good point... I wonder if L6 would appreciate your advice.

The Helix is a great floor unit.. and IMO sounds as good as anything else out there, I include AxeFX and Kemper in that.

I'll stand by my comments, L6 relies on the fanboys to fight their corner... And I do think they're a little slack.. and a little ignorant, (they have their favorite fanboys of course) Very rarely make any commitments to users,  but again they don't have a 'professional' product yet so my comments may be hasty, development with pace is essential for a current software-based company and they don't do this very well.. IMO

I'm not angry at all, I just have an opinion, and am simply wondering if L6 could give some indication or roadmap for end-users. that seems to be a reasonable request.

Again please don't think I'm angry or upset, I have no emotional attachment to them whatsoever.. it's business.

BTW love the L6monkey drop!

10 minutes ago, markdaniels76 said:

Again please don't think I'm angry or upset, I have no emotional attachment to them whatsoever.. it's business.

Wasn't that a line from The Godfather, The Sopranos, Good Fellas? One of those mob flicks. Maybe all of them.

Yep. You da BOSS alright!

16 minutes ago, markdaniels76 said:

BTW love the L6monkey drop!

Thanks. The monkey don't get enough love!

• Like 1

The Helix is a great floor unit.

Good rack unit too!

I'm not angry at all, I just have an opinion, and am simply wondering if L6 could give some indication or roadmap for end-users.

And up until recently (last couple of years or so thanks to D.I.), there was no indication or roadmap or anything but "a patch was coming soon".

Im in hold with a second PC+ speaker acquisition, as I want to see how the Helix/PC integration will work with the update (atm it’s a PITA). This is the only upgrade Im interested for.

15 hours ago, markdaniels76 said:

The Helix is a great floor unit.. and IMO sounds as good as anything else out there, I include AxeFX and Kemper in that.

but again they don't have a 'professional' product yet so my comments may be hasty, 

One of these things is not like the other................:lol:

Personally, I'm perfectly fine with the way Line 6 is handling this.  They've given us a good idea as to what will be in the next update.  There's some good stuff there and things that are important to me. 

I'm actually surprised they tell us anything after the way they got lambasted when they announced the James Tyler Variax and then for various reasons it took forever to get it to market.  I'm sure if we keep whining they will just adopt the approach of not saying anything about upcoming updates or products until they are ready for release.  OR ... just stop reading their own forums.  If it was my decision that's what I would do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, litesnsirens said:

OR ... just stop reading their own forums.  If it was my decision that's what I would do.

Well, I think they gave up on that a long while ago.

It's very rare that a Line 6 employee shows up on here - you usually find them leaving comments and quips on TGP or that Helix Family thing on Farcebuck!

Hang around her and you're most likely to find out about this update long after the folks on those other "social media" areas.

So, hopefully, all these perpetual moaners might scoot over to those other forums and kick up a fuss.
Folks are getting shut out for even mentioning the dreaded number on FB - if only that would happen here!

:-)

• Upvote 1