Jump to content
manix1979

Helix Firmware 2.80

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

The word you're groping for is "imminent"...


He's fronting.  It's a put on 

(put on...put on...put on....)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andy1175 said:

 

 

 

So, which thread did Digital_Igloo decide to announce the release on?  And how many people are going to miss it because:

 

A.  They assume Line 6 would have the common sense to announce it on their official sticky, it would of course be ridiculous to do otherwise, wouldn't it?

 

B.  They won't bother looking here because it's been hijacked by a bunch of schoolgirls.

 

Great job forum admin.

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Has it occurred to you that they may not have immediately announced it intentionally for perfectly good reasons that might for example include allowing the folks who upgrade first to report back with tips and help on what to expect and how to navigate the update before having everyone jump in en masse? Makes sense to me, helpful for the download servers as well so they don't get hammered. They know from former updates that the word will get out anyway, this just provides a little breathing room. Half of them are probably at NAMM today anyway. I would be very surprised if this was an oversight. Wouldn't hurt to lighten up and ask some questions before flaming out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brue58ski said:

 

Ignore you? Wasn't I responding to you? That would not be the definition ignore. Perhaps along with the diapers you should pick up a dictionary. And no, I'm not your word with a capital B in any way shape or form. More wishful thinking on your part. You're no good as a bully. Just stick to monitoring that hall. Though you're no good at it either, it's what you seem to be best at.

 

 You’re trying to tell me what I should be doing but I’m the bully. You are super weak.   You’re my lollipop and your life’s lollipop...with a capital B.  Funny thing is...it’s by choice. 

 

Fascinating.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Andy1175 said:

 

 

 

So, which thread did Digital_Igloo decide to announce the release on?  And how many people are going to miss it because:

 

A.  They assume Line 6 would have the common sense to announce it on their official sticky, it would of course be ridiculous to do otherwise, wouldn't it?

 

B.  They won't bother looking here because it's been hijacked by a bunch of schoolgirls.

 

Great job forum admin.

 

-

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OH DARN!

I knew all along they wouldn't be smart enough to post to the official sticky.

I was just hoping to trick you into missing the update.

But no, you're way too smart for me!

You continued to follow THIS thread, despite our pointless blathering and schoolgirl (isn't that sexist?) humor.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the update!

 

BTW - now that you know L6 won't be smart enough to post factual update info to an official sticky, you should start your very own "Where's 2.9" thread, but be sure to include "JUST THE FACTS!" in the thread title, to prevent all us smart-aleck schoolgirls from hijacking your thread with pointless humor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PDKTDK said:

I blame Siri word Nazi. Seig heil your eminence. 

 

 

Well it took a while, but at last Godwin's Law proves true once again! On the count of three, everybody...

 

1....2....3..."Reductio ad Hiltlerum!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PDKTDK said:

 

 You’re trying to tell me what I should be doing but I’m the bully. You are super weak.   You’re my lollipop and your life’s lollipop...with a capital B.  Funny thing is...it’s by choice. 

 

Fascinating.

 

I'm your Buddy? Aww that's special. Bullys always call people names. You said I'm super weak and a Buddy. That's what bullys do and what you did.

 

Funny thing is, you're making the same choice.So what does that make you? I'm not at all TELLING you what to do. You're the one that was telling people what to do. I was merely giving advice. To my Buddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My v2.80 update completely froze on the "Boot Failure, Entered Update Mode!" error, sat there for 45 minutes with progress showing 50% on the update utility and the wheels were constantly spinning....   so I finally decided to power it down and start over.

Luckily, restarting the update process from the utility got the Helix out of the loop and the update ended up finishing successfully the 2nd time around.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Anyone else not get the "ok" prompt? When the update failed message comes up all I get is a continue button that brings me to the home page of the updater and then I have to start it all over again and it does the same thing. I even tried rebooting and starting again with the same result.

 

EDIT: Changed the USB port and that seemed to do it.

Edited by nichstp
Problem Solved

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

 

Well it took a while, but at last Godwin's Law proves true once again! On the count of three, everybody...

 

1....2....3..."Reductio ad Hiltlerum!

 

Well said and I was unaware that there was actually a name for this tendency (Godwin's Law). How unsurprising this would come from one of the pair claiming moral superiority and political correctness while exhibiting neither.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone with a 2.80 update that freezes halfway through (ASSUMING YOU'VE BEEN FOLLOWING THE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS HERE). This appears to be primarily affecting Windows 7 users. Shut down, connect Helix to a different USB port, and run the installer again. That should get you up and running. If not, contact Line 6 Support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Digital_Igloo said:

For anyone with a 2.80 update that freezes halfway through WHO HAS BEEN FOLLOWING THE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS HERE. This appears to be primarily affecting Windows 7 users. Shut down, connect Helix to a different USB port, and run the installer again. That should get you up and running. If not, contact Line 6 Support.

 

Ran perfectly for me exactly according to the instructions with absolutely no deviations required on Windows 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

 

Has it occurred to you that they may not have immediately announced it intentionally to allow the folks who upgrade first to report back with tips and help on what to expect and how to navigate the update before having everyone jump in en masse? Makes sense to me, helpful for the download servers as well so they don't get hammered. They know from former updates that the word will get out anyway, this just provides a little breathing room. Half of them are probably at NAMM today anyway. Wouldn't hurt to lighten up and ask some questions before flaming out.

 

Err, no.  I must admit, that never occurred to me at all.   

 

"Has it ever occurred to you that the reason my husband beats me is...................................so you see, it's actually for my benefit"

 

-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new option to use the rotary joystick to move back and forth along the path, IT IS AMAZING!!! No more pain clicking left and right and turning the rotary by mistake...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PierM said:

The new option to use the rotary joystick to move back and forth along the path, IT IS AMAZING!!! No more pain clicking left and right and turning the rotary by mistake...

 

Damn, my Helix is in for repair - the rotary on the joystick failed! Gonna have to wait to check all this out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Andy1175 said:

 

Err, no.  I must admit, that never occurred to me at all.   

 

"Has it ever occurred to you that the reason my husband beats me is...................................so you see, it's actually for my benefit"

 

-

 

You really are badly done to.

 

Not only did Digital_Igloo post in this thread before the official sticky, but if you really knew how this thing works, sign up and then you would have received an email from DI advising you of the availability of the new Firmware for download.

 

That’s what I did along with many others. 

 

Out of the loop?

 

Tragic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Digital_Igloo said:

For anyone with a 2.80 update that freezes halfway through (ASSUMING YOU'VE BEEN FOLLOWING THE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS HERE). This appears to be primarily affecting Windows 7 users. Shut down, connect Helix to a different USB port, and run the installer again. That should get you up and running. If not, contact Line 6 Support.

 

Update stucked at 50%(Windows10). Helix wasn't regonized after the reboot.

I had to reinstall the complete HelixEdit2.8 package, because something happend to the drivers during the update process(error in the windows device manager).

But now it works.

...great update by the way

 

53 minutes ago, PierM said:

The new option to use the rotary joystick to move back and forth along the path, IT IS AMAZING!!! No more pain clicking left and right and turning the rotary by mistake...

Best new feature ever!!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cruisinon2 said:

 

Well it took a while, but at last Godwin's Law proves true once again! On the count of three, everybody...

 

1....2....3..."Reductio ad Hiltlerum!

 

When all else fails.... #metoo :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The digital gods smiled upon me!

Update successful first try - Stomp and Floor - on separate W10 laptops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Digital_Igloo said:

For anyone with a 2.80 update that freezes halfway through (ASSUMING YOU'VE BEEN FOLLOWING THE UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS HERE). This appears to be primarily affecting Windows 7 users. Shut down, connect Helix to a different USB port, and run the installer again. That should get you up and running. If not, contact Line 6 Support.


Not sure if it will help you troubleshoot, but I froze and I'm on Windows 10 (100% up to date as of this week, with drivers updated as well using Driver Booster)

 

Dell XPS 15
Intel Core i7-4702HQ CPU @2.20Ghz
16.0 GB 
Windows 10 Home - 64-bit Operating System

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PDKTDK said:

 

When all else fails.... #metoo :-)

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated both my Floor and HX Stomp. Went flawlessly (on OS X), but I followed the instructions to the very letter. 

 

What an amazing update! Haven’t even started to discover all new features, but man do I love the Tweed Deluxe and the Grammatico! This and the KOT, really amazing. Can’t wait for band rehearsal tomorrow night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PierM said:

 

Thanks for doing that.

 

Damn, that’s slick.

 

I hope my floor unit comes back with a super extra heavy duty joystick.

 

Just the thing for Pac-Man.

 

Luckily, while the hardware is in for repair, I will be able to give HX Native a run through in the studio tomorrow.

 

Any news on FW 2.9.0 out on the street yet?

 

;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PierM said:

The new option to use the rotary joystick to move back and forth along the path, IT IS AMAZING!!! No more pain clicking left and right and turning the rotary by mistake...

Now that sounds awesome! The whole accidentally-rotating-the-joystick thing has been my bane...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

Until I download it with my own hands, and play it with my own guitar, I won't believe it. 

 

Then I heard the King of Tone . . . now I'm a believer . . . 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Downloaded 2.80 this afternoon and spent about a hour with Revv Red... I’m in love! Right out of the gate it sounded fantastic, a few minor tweaks and it sounds punchy and tight! Very excited to add the salt and pepper on it and hear what that will sound like.

 

I will dive in a bit more tomorrow....I’m looking forward to that.

 

Thank you Line 6

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, brue58ski said:

 

I'm your Buddy? Aww that's special. Bullys always call people names. You said I'm super weak and a Buddy. That's what bullys do and what you did.

 

Funny thing is, you're making the same choice.So what does that make you? I'm not at all TELLING you what to do. You're the one that was telling people what to do. I was merely giving advice. To my Buddy.

 

 You could not possibly be my buddy.  We must go back… you are obviously the girlfriend of someone based on the emotional spewing’s coming out of your moist wet little crease. Along with the other enablers in your sad little circle jerk.  

 

 On the other hand 2.80 is great.  So I celebrate. Smooches lollipop 

 

 If you had a single semblance of honesty you would admit that I’ve done some epic insults to you and all your little girlfriends.  In my neighborhood that’s what… Friends do. We keep each other in check. 

 

Honestopinion may convey an opinion… But just because it’s his honest opinion does not make it right or correct.  I never put myself above any of you and only alluded that the possibility exists that you might have been rude to somebody else. I was not taking a superior stance… And he expressed that I was politically correct… He must be stupid. And I hope this post clarifies the point that I could give a lollipop.  

 

But his opinion wasn’t honest. It was a passive aggressive attempt at an insult. You four circle jerker’s are so completely pathetic. You are sad excuses for men.

  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chrismkane said:

Downloaded 2.80 this afternoon and spent about a hour with Revv Red... I’m in love! Right out of the gate it sounded fantastic, a few minor tweaks and it sounds punchy and tight! Very excited to add the salt and pepper on it and hear what that will sound like.

 

I will dive in a bit more tomorrow....I’m looking forward to that.

 

Thank you Line 6

 

I second that...the Revv is a home run. Well done, sirs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PDKTDK said:

 

 You could not possibly be my buddy.  We must go back… you are obviously the girlfriend of someone based on the emotional spewing’s coming out of your moist wet little crease. Along with the other enablers in your sad little circle jerk.  

 

 On the other hand 2.80 is great.  So I celebrate. Smooches lollipop 

 

 If you had a single semblance of honesty you would admit that I’ve done some epic insults to you and all your little girlfriends.  In my neighborhood that’s what… Friends do. We keep each other in check. 

 

Do you know what a "misogynist" is? It's that person you see in the mirror. You really should get therapy. You have BIG problems!

 

EDIT: Add "homophobe" to the list.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

 

Do you know what a "misogynist" is? It's that person you see in the mirror. You really should get therapy. You have BIG problems!

 

EDIT: Add "homophobe" to the list.

 

 You can only be a misogynist if you were insulting a woman or hate them.

 

 It’s not misogynist to insult people who weren’t born women but act like them. 

 

 That would be something else 

 

 Homophobia....Relax brother I don’t mind your preferences

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PDKTDK said:

 

 You can only be a misogynist if you were insulting a woman.

 

 It’s not misogynist to insult people who weren’t porn women but act like them. 

 

 That would be something else 

 

And how do you know that the people you're insulting AREN"T women? None of us have posted pictures of ourselves.

You're insulting people who you THINK are men, but who may in fact be women, by implying feminine characteristics, which means you consider feminine characteristics somehow defective. That's misogyny.

And challenging a man's masculinity in a derogatory way, a man you have never met, makes you a homophobe.

You're really angry, and have no idea what the limits of public discussion are. I've never seen anyone on this or any other forum go to the extremes you've gone to.

You really DO need therapy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

And how do you know that the people you're insulting AREN"T women? 

 

 So we should all presume everybody is a woman and therefore entitled to different treatment?   I always thought initially that the beauty of forums was that you would be judged solely based on the content and not on your physical appearance.   That was before the current political climate. 

 

 Is it equality to treat people different based on their gender, skin color, etc.?   Before the enlightenment we identified by our tribe of sorts.   It was the realization that those were not significant factors that allowed us to evolve into the modern age. 

 

 Write me a prescription and I’ll be sure to get some therapy.  I have great insurance. 

 

  The prince of town is pretty sweet in 2.80 no? 

 

Ps:  I would be quite willing to go back and delete every one of the negative posts in this thread to make peace.  But let’s be honest… You’re just trying to find reasons to degrade me in defense of those people who are your friends… And not because you are a social justice warrior of women and trans people. LOL

 

 But I’m persuadable with positive communication. It’ can be an ugly place when a thread goes…

 

 

Off-topic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's out now, and you guys...still?  really?  Change of topic:  bash each others' taste in the new amp sims instead!

Give us the whys and hows...if you're gonna go at it, make this interesting for everyone else, please.

Fave new sim?  Settings (provided patch)?  Why?  What don't you like?

Go!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

 

Then I heard the King of Tone . . . now I'm a believer . . . 

I’m out if town so it’ll be a week and a half or so before I get to update. But I’m really, really, really excited about the King of Tone model. If you care to divulge details, how is the KoT configured in Helix? Do you know which version/mods it models? Does it combine the two sides into one block or do you run two blocks for that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Verne-Bunsen said:

I’m out if town so it’ll be a week and a half or so before I get to update. But I’m really, really, really excited about the King of Tone model. If you care to divulge details, how is the KoT configured in Helix? Do you know which version/mods it models? Does it combine the two sides into one block or do you run two blocks for that? 

 

Frank Ritchotte posted this over at The Gear Page. Doesn't really have much info on how they set it but they do discuss how they address the two sides and their combination to emulate the original pedal. Apparently they use both of the new Line6 distortion models "Tone Sovereign"(=Analogman King 0f Tone) and the "Heir Apparent" (=Analogman Prince Of Tone) to get the sound of the original Analogman King Of Tone pedal.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, HonestOpinion said:

 

Frank Ritchotte posted this over at The Gear Page. Doesn't really have much info on how they set it but they do discuss how they address the two sides and their combination to emulate the original pedal. Apparently they use both of the new Line6 distortion models "Tone Sovereign"(=Analogman King 0f Tone) and the "Heir Apparent" (=Analogman Prince Of Tone) to get the sound of the original Analogman King Of Tone pedal.

 

 

Great video, thanks HO!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Midi control of DT amps doesn't work for me as soon as I connect them via L6-Link.

 

I use two DT50 in stereo on a Helix. Did that for a long time now. I controlled the amps via Instant Midi CCs and the other way round I control all my Helix-preamp settings with the knobs of the DT heads. The setup hasn't been touched and worked pre-2.8 like a charm. Since 2.8, I can use the (sadly very limited) control options for the DTs in the output menu, but as soon as I plug in the L6L-connection, the amps don't recognise nor send out any midi; I pull the L6L cable out, midi works again. Midi-Through does work always.

 

The installation of 2.8 went without any unexpected issues. I did a factory reset twice, checked all connections/cables.

I hope that @Digital_Igloo or @phil_m can help me out here?

 

<EDIT>

It seems that Helix 2.8 shuts off any midi transfer once connected via L6L: I now tried a DT50 head via USB midi interface to my Macbook. Sending CCs works (ie. #66 for A/B switch, …). When I plug in the L6L cable, midi doesn't work. I unplug, it works again. Same with the encoders on the front: sniffing midi traffic, I can see every encoder I use. L6L plugged in, no more traffic.

</EDIT>

 

<EDIT 2>

Okay, I found out that the Midi channels of the DTs get reasigned: they have always been fixed on channel 1, now they get channel 2/3. I can send commands. But, I no longer get the CC messages from the encoders back – I need to tweak my preamp settings from the DT heads as I always did.

</EDIT2>

 

<EDIT 3>

Setting the midi base channel in Helix (Global > Midi > Base Channel) to one of the DTs (2, 3 or «omni») gives back the reading of the DT encoders.

If set to omni, the behaviour is back to pre-2.80, where both DTs can be used to send midi CC from the encoders, if the base channel is set to 2 or 3, only the respective head's CCs are recognised.

</EDIT 3>

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated, worked great, I still don't sound like SRV.  Gonna submit a ticket.  Oh , well maybe with , dare I say 2.90...Winter is coming

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×