Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

changing file types .hir > .wav

themetallikid

2 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

.hir is a graphics file type.

.hir is a format L6 uses for it's IR's in Marketplace...

1 hour ago, themetallikid said:

Is there a way to do this so I can mix the IR's?

.hir is a protected format that limits it's use to the HX series. I don't think there is a way of convert the files without physically going through the process of making a new IR from the .hir

OH NO! GOOGLE FAILED ME!

.hir came up as a Commodore 64 HiRES graphics file type.

I still haven't figured out the purpose of the Marketplace. With all the billions of IRs out there, why would anyone want to buy an IR that can only be used on an L6 product?

I don't get it. A money thing?

13 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

I still haven't figured out the purpose of the Marketplace. With all the billions of IRs out there, why would anyone want to buy an IR that can only be used on an L6 product?

I don't get it. A money thing?

It's a turn key solution for HX owners. The products you buy through marketplace work with the HX series you don't have to weed through a potential endless structure to find the ones that do work with the Helix. The protected system serves two purposes.... It keeps someone from buying from L6 then distributing it for free around the net... and in turn that protects L6's agreements with it's vendors on marketplace. 

For you and I, buying the original formats from the original vendor might be fine, but for some... having a simplified "turn key" solution makes perfect sense. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, codamedia said:

It's a turn key solution for HX owners. The products you buy through marketplace work with the HX series you don't have to weed through a potential endless structure to find the ones that do work with the Helix. The protected system serves two purposes.... It keeps someone from buying from L6 then distributing it for free around the net... and in turn that protects L6's agreements with it's vendors on marketplace. 

For you and I, buying the original formats from the original vendor might be fine, but for some... having a simplified "turn key" solution makes perfect sense. 

AH! "Turn key, start car. ATTENTION! Key will only start THIS car!"

• Haha 2

right and at the time I was all good with that.  But I'm trying to mix IR's into a single file/block use...and I can't cause of the DRM, which I understand....to a point.  

Unless they come out with a stereo IR block....I hate having to 'burn' my parallel path on 2 IR blocks instead of seperating delays/reverbs.  or whatever....

I had no idea they were doing this on the Marketplace, how lame. I don’t really buy that it makes things any easier on the end user, the manual tells you exactly what kind of .wav files Helix wants to see. You just go in and use those. I sure hope that the IRs on the Marketplace are significantly discounted, otherwise you’re paying full price for limited functionality. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Verne-Bunsen said:

I don’t really buy that it makes things any easier on the end user, the manual tells you exactly what kind of .wav files Helix wants to see.

You would be surprised at how many users are not aware of third party company's like ownhammer, or 3sigma ... they don't go looking for those things. Being able to buy directly from the company that makes your product and knowing you get support from them adds a level of comfort to many users. 

I'm more in your camp... this isn't for me. But it doesn't effect me so who am I to put it down for those that prefer it :) 

Does anyone have the Friedman IR's and be willing to mix a few for me?  Being that I have the L6 ones that can't be changed/mixed apparently....I have a list of the ones I'm looking for, they are the Mix, V30 and VNT speaker/cabs...but I'm specifically looking for 3 versions of each of those the Full/Cut/Rear ones....and looking to mix different combos.

If someone has these and can do it....or is willing to share the non DRM versions please pm me.  In the meantime I seem to be stuck unless they release  stereo IR block. 

Otherwise I found this entry in the HX Edit manual in the FAQ area.....hilarious....

Can I buy dog food, tequila, or 19th-century expressionist paintings via Marketplace?

What? No.

15 minutes ago, themetallikid said:

Does anyone have the Friedman IR's and be willing to mix a few for me?  Being that I have the L6 ones that can't be changed/mixed apparently....I have a list of the ones I'm looking for, they are the Mix, V30 and VNT speaker/cabs...but I'm specifically looking for 3 versions of each of those the Full/Cut/Rear ones....and looking to mix different combos.

Legally and morally dodgy. Sorry. 

1 minute ago, rd2rk said:

Legally and morally dodgy. Sorry. 

I dont see how.....I mean I do in a way I guess....but I can provide proof of the files that I have, and paid for but am not able to mix.   

I get protecting the distribution of the files from being freely shared across the internet and preventing the sales of the IR's to the company that created them.....but I'm trying to do something that is freely something that can be done....if the same product was purchased another method.  

5 hours ago, themetallikid said:

I dont see how.....I mean I do in a way I guess....but I can provide proof of the files that I have, and paid for but am not able to mix.   

I get protecting the distribution of the files from being freely shared across the internet and preventing the sales of the IR's to the company that created them.....but I'm trying to do something that is freely something that can be done....if the same product was purchased another method.  

This is the frustrating thing about proprietary file formats and DRM implementation. Same with e-books. I pay full price, sometimes even more than the price for paperback, and yet Barnes and Noble is able to tell me that I can only read it on their device? Do I own it or not? 

1 hour ago, Verne-Bunsen said:

This is the frustrating thing about proprietary file formats and DRM implementation. Same with e-books. I pay full price, sometimes even more than the price for paperback, and yet Barnes and Noble is able to tell me that I can only read it on their device? Do I own it or not? 

Yeah, seems the same conundrum

• 1 year later...