Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Updates dating back to 2016

MegaManny94

Hey guys,

I bought the Helix back in 2016 and didn't have a good computer or laptop to use it with. I was a broke college student so I didn't realize saving up for a $1500 modeler without a good computer was probably a dumb idea hahaha. So I've been using the presets from 2016 for a few years and have been playing it as a floor unit, essentially. I'm out of school now with a steady income and I've upgraded to a pretty decent PC. I have the HX editor and Line 6 updater downloaded. I opened the updater today and I'm waaaaaay behind on updates. There are some dating back to 2016

I'm wondering if I can just download the newest updates and be done with it, or if I should download the updates sequentially,  from the oldest to the newest ones? i'm not sure if these updates build on top of each other, so I'm scared to download the newest one without any of the others and basically ruin my helix. If anyone could provide some insight, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

33 minutes ago, MegaManny94 said:

Hey guys,

I bought the Helix back in 2016 and didn't have a good computer or laptop to use it with. I was a broke college student so I didn't realize saving up for a $1500 modeler without a good computer was probably a dumb idea hahaha. So I've been using the presets from 2016 for a few years and have been playing it as a floor unit, essentially. I'm out of school now with a steady income and I've upgraded to a pretty decent PC. I have the HX editor and Line 6 updater downloaded. I opened the updater today and I'm waaaaaay behind on updates. There are some dating back to 2016

I'm wondering if I can just download the newest updates and be done with it, or if I should download the updates sequentially,  from the oldest to the newest ones? i'm not sure if these updates build on top of each other, so I'm scared to download the newest one without any of the others and basically ruin my helix. If anyone could provide some insight, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Yep, just do it - straight to v2.71. If you can hang on for a while longer, you never know, v.2.80 might have landed. Now that will be a nice upgrade for you!

Also, you may have to alter some of your reverb settings if you are still using the old v.1.06, during one update the amount of "wet" reverb was increased due to public demand.

4 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Yep, just do it - straight to v2.71. If you can hang on for a while longer, you never know, v.2.80 might have landed. Now that will be a nice upgrade for you!

Also, you may have to alter some of your reverb settings if you are still using the old v.1.06, during one update the amount of "wet" reverb was increased due to public demand.

The reverb mix thing only affected the HX reverbs, not the Legacy reverbs. The HX reverbs were introduced in the beginning of 2018, so that won’t have any effect on his presets.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, phil_m said:

The reverb mix thing only affected the HX reverbs, not the Legacy reverbs. The HX reverbs were introduced in the beginning of 2018, so that won’t have any effect on his presets.

True, my mistake. Oops.