Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

4 cable method bypass question

msellies

Hi,

Im using the HX stomp and a Atomic amplifier. I got is set up now using the 4 cable method.

Guitar -> HX input

Hx Send -> Atomic amp input

Atomic amp send -> HX return

HX out -> Atomic amp return

Atomic out-> frfr cab

Now I want to bypass the Atomic Amplifier and use the HX stomp straight into the frfr ( in case of malfunctioning of the atomic amp). I want to be able to do that without pulling cables out.

Guitar -> HX in

HX out -> frfr cab

Can this be done? And if so, what do I need for it? (some sort of routing pedal?)

greetings,

Marcel

You could put an A/B box between the HX OUT and the AA, with the B side connected to the second input of the FRFR (if it has one).

Still gotta turn off the FX Loop Blocks though....

On 6/2/2019 at 6:26 AM, mselies said:

Hi,

Im using the HX stomp and a Atomic amplifier. I got is set up now using the 4 cable method.

Guitar -> HX input

Hx Send -> Atomic amp input

Atomic amp send -> HX return

HX out -> Atomic amp return

Atomic out-> frfr cab

Now I want to bypass the Atomic Amplifier and use the HX stomp straight into the frfr ( in case of malfunctioning of the atomic amp). I want to be able to do that without pulling cables out.

Guitar -> HX in

HX out -> frfr cab

Can this be done? And if so, what do I need for it? (some sort of routing pedal?)

greetings,

Marcel

Just disable the loop block in the helix that you use to go to the amplifier head and add an amp block and IR. Assign all 3 to one footswitch to toggle off the loop and toggle on the amp block and IR at the same time (or snapshot it) and you are good to go.

• Upvote 2