Jump to content
Tury

Enough is ENOUGH, Line 6

Recommended Posts

We all here understand you position regarding the Firehawk vs the Helix boards support and development and we understand that if we would like a better performance board we can always upgrade to Helix and such.

 

Nevertheless you, Line 6, still owe us a RELIABLE equipment which, up to this date, has a lot of reported BUGS. I am not complaining in what is the Firehawk capable to do, because I am satisfied with that, but about the Bluetooth disconnections, the “freeze” boards, the lack of firmware and app updates, the cloud errors, the looper improper performance, etc

 

All of the things mentions before are supposed to be “strong” advantages of the Firehawk against its competitors because, please have in minds, your competitors ARE supporting their new and previous equipments continuously. If you need and example, check the Headrush, Fractal and Boss products.

 

Throw us a bone here! I’ve previously suggested that if the support for the Firehawk is over, let us have an open source code option, there might be capable people interested in developing a PC/Mac based interface or such.

 

Believe me, I like the Firehawk very much and I think I don’t need anything else for my musical needs, but I’m also sure that there’s still many potential that can be brought out of it, allow us to explore it and explode it!

 

Thank you.

Noe G.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here-here Noe!...

Or L6, if Firehawk FX is now a legacy offering, please tell us there's either a Firehawk FX II coming based on the Helix architecture OR!... there's a new Helix FX coming and it's basically the Helix platform programmable using a new Helix mobile app!.. "Helix FX Remote App"?..

 

Why?

 

Many of us FHFX diehards are actually Line 6 fans and we like most of what's offered in FHFX but we bought the Firehawk and stay with it (begrudgingly bugs and all) because many/most don't want to drop $1100 to $1600 on Helix (or can't afford to). That said - to keep our business and in the L6 ecosystem, maybe many of us would upgrade to the more affordable next iteration as described above. I personally would drop a new $450 for the new and improved FHFXII or the Helix FX with mobile app companion. That assumes all the documented bugs are fixed! 

 

Hoping L6 product development and senior leadership still frequent this section of the L6 user community...and if so thanks for listening.   

                   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with (Tury) on all of the for mentioned …….

 

FIREHAWk is by Far superior to Helix in my opinon…..

 

 I like the app on my phone and the K.I.S.S. approach to making patches with it...  Marshall CODE amps are similar to the Firehawk and is doing good... I owned one and had got rid of it because it sucked Doo Doo... and had to go back to Line 6 Products like the HX stomp and back to Firehawk. I found my Loyalty Camp back to the Firehawk sound quality and KISS System with the phone.... Thanks :)      P.S. Come on Firehawk II

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been a fan of line 6 products since i bought a second hand pod xt; i loved the sound i was getting and the versatlilty of the pod, even though i paid quite a bit of money for the expansion packs. Then came the firehawk fx and i loved the idea of being able to edit patches on my phone or ipad, at a moment's notice, so i bought one. I have loved it from the moment i got it, although admittedly i wished some changes to the signal chain would be forthcoming. I've even used the patch editor on my phone at sound check, making slight adjustment to volumes etc. At one point i was even considering getting a variax to maximise the full potential of the firehawk. However, seeing how the firehawk has been abandoned in favour of the helix i doubt i will buy another line 6 product ever again. I cannot afford to buy a helix, nor do i have a need for one as the firehawk is more than capable of giving me the sounds i need, but the lack of support for this product means that when it dies, and eventually it will, i will be looking at other brands for a replacement to this great piece of equipment. Shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, djcanilla said:

I have been a fan of line 6 products since i bought a second hand pod xt; i loved the sound i was getting and the versatlilty of the pod, even though i paid quite a bit of money for the expansion packs. Then came the firehawk fx and i loved the idea of being able to edit patches on my phone or ipad, at a moment's notice, so i bought one. I have loved it from the moment i got it, although admittedly i wished some changes to the signal chain would be forthcoming. I've even used the patch editor on my phone at sound check, making slight adjustment to volumes etc. At one point i was even considering getting a variax to maximise the full potential of the firehawk. However, seeing how the firehawk has been abandoned in favour of the helix i doubt i will buy another line 6 product ever again. I cannot afford to buy a helix, nor do i have a need for one as the firehawk is more than capable of giving me the sounds i need, but the lack of support for this product means that when it dies, and eventually it will, i will be looking at other brands for a replacement to this great piece of equipment. Shame.

 

This just seems stupid. You even admit you have loved it, so wtf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not loved it, i still have it and still do love it, but not a fan of the lack of support from line 6. There are numerous requests for some changes to the unit, such as patch structure, settings, etc and these go unanswered or unresolved. Further to this and more importantly there have been no firmware updates for ages either. It just makes me wonder why this unit has been abandoned COMPLETELY in favour of the helix. Just saying that if my firehawk did die i would probably not go for another line 6 product. This doesn't mean that their products are not top notch; on the contrary they are probably the best out there, i am just not a fan of the way the firehawk has been treated. my opinion only and not meant to put anybody off line 6 or put their reputation down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, djcanilla said:

Not loved it, i still have it and still do love it, but not a fan of the lack of support from line 6. There are numerous requests for some changes to the unit, such as patch structure, settings, etc and these go unanswered or unresolved. Further to this and more importantly there have been no firmware updates for ages either. It just makes me wonder why this unit has been abandoned COMPLETELY in favour of the helix. Just saying that if my firehawk did die i would probably not go for another line 6 product. This doesn't mean that their products are not top notch; on the contrary they are probably the best out there, i am just not a fan of the way the firehawk has been treated. my opinion only and not meant to put anybody off line 6 or put their reputation down.

 

Look at what you bought, though. They're like, what, $350?

 

The Helix devices are $600 minimum, and at the time of purchase they mentioned updates.

 

The Firehawk NEVER promised anything other than bug fixes. As far as you and I know, it doesn't even have the ability to be updated significantly. Not all devices out there do.

 

If you compare the Firehawk to some other $350 effects unit it doesn't lack in anyway. 

 

I just don't get the endless update griping. I have lots of devices that don't update. 

 

When was the last time your expensive tube amp had a firmware update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

 

Look at what you bought, though. They're like, what, $350?

 

The Helix devices are $600 minimum, and at the time of purchase they mentioned updates.

 

The Firehawk NEVER promised anything other than bug fixes. As far as you and I know, it doesn't even have the ability to be updated significantly. Not all devices out there do.

 

If you compare the Firehawk to some other $350 effects unit it doesn't lack in anyway. 

 

I just don't get the endless update griping. I have lots of devices that don't update. 

 

When was the last time your expensive tube amp had a firmware update?

Well you do have a point on the updates, I'll give you that. However seeing that the helix is getting constant updates and new models regularly it is upsetting that the firehawk has not had the same treatment; and that's my gripe.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 12:20 PM, djcanilla said:

Well you do have a point on the updates, I'll give you that. However seeing that the helix is getting constant updates and new models regularly it is upsetting that the firehawk has not had the same treatment; and that's my gripe.

 

The Helix is Line 6's flagship line of products, so, yeah, it's going to get the lion's share of continued development resources. The Firehawk FX is kind of a "best of" product combining elements of POD Farm with the HD series, both of which are mature product lines at this point. It's still a good deal for the money, imo, but I don't think anyone should expect more updates at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but taking into consideration its age  the fact that there have only been three firmware updates in its time, when bugs are continually been reported, it really puts things into perspective. I love my firehawk, but the experience could be so much better with a few bug fixes. This is what would put me off getting another line 6 product, cos who's to say the same won't happen to the helix when the next best thing comes along? I do also understand however that other products are sold as is and no updates are ever released so I'll really need to think about what i want to get when my firehawk dies or becomes unuseable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djcanilla said:

Yes but taking into consideration its age  the fact that there have only been three firmware updates in its time, when bugs are continually been reported, it really puts things into perspective. I love my firehawk, but the experience could be so much better with a few bug fixes. This is what would put me off getting another line 6 product, cos who's to say the same won't happen to the helix when the next best thing comes along? I do also understand however that other products are sold as is and no updates are ever released so I'll really need to think about what i want to get when my firehawk dies or becomes unuseable.

 

I definitely agree with you that bug fixes should be squashed quickly. If they're still selling it, then they need to continue to support patches so that the software continues to function.  

 

If they ever stop selling it, then I would understand dropping support (not immediately, but after a little while). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, djcanilla said:

Yes but taking into consideration its age  the fact that there have only been three firmware updates in its time, when bugs are continually been reported, it really puts things into perspective. I love my firehawk, but the experience could be so much better with a few bug fixes. This is what would put me off getting another line 6 product, cos who's to say the same won't happen to the helix when the next best thing comes along? I do also understand however that other products are sold as is and no updates are ever released so I'll really need to think about what i want to get when my firehawk dies or becomes unuseable.

 

Well, eventually active support for the Helix (active in the sense of firmware updates) will end, too. It's inevitable with the sorts of products. I mean, you say it put you off on buying another Line 6 product, but who of Line 6's competitors isn't in the exact same situation? The Fractal AX8, for instance, was supported for less than three years and then discontinued with no further updates expected. But not having updates doesn't mean the product becomes unusable. My HD500 still works fine, and I bought that in 2010.

 

As far as bugs, it's always a somewhat tricky situation. Every firmware is going to have some bugs. It's just a matter of the severity. I do think if there were something of a showstopper bug, Line 6 would deal with that. I'm not aware of anything like that with the Firehawk at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, phil_m said:

 

As far as bugs, it's always a somewhat tricky situation. Every firmware is going to have some bugs. It's just a matter of the severity. I do think if there were something of a showstopper bug, Line 6 would deal with that. I'm not aware of anything like that with the Firehawk at the moment.

 

I've seen various reports on Facebook that the most recent IOS edition rendered the app unusable for IOS users. 

 

I'm Android so I can't speak to it. Granted you can still control the device with the device itself, but I'd still classify that as a showstopper. 

 

I don't know how long the problem has been going on though. Maybe it's only been a week, and it'll be fixed in five days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

 

I've seen various reports on Facebook that the most recent IOS edition rendered the app unusable for IOS users. 

 

I'm Android so I can't speak to it. Granted you can still control the device with the device itself, but I'd still classify that as a showstopper. 

 

I don't know how long the problem has been going on though. Maybe it's only been a week, and it'll be fixed in five days. 

 

Well, they'll get the app updated eventually if that's necessary. They've always supported things on the software side well beyond the time the firmware updates have stopped. They're still updating drivers for the PODxt...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, phil_m said:

 

Well, they'll get the app updated eventually if that's necessary. They've always supported things on the software side well beyond the time the firmware updates have stopped. They're still updating drivers for the PODxt...

 

Well one of the selling points of the firehawk was the ability to edit patches on the fly via the app. The app has always had its issies but lately it just drops connection, referring to "invalid token". This means patches cannot be edited or saved, making the app mostly useless. This needs to be resolved asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pressing the Variax block in the Firehawk Remote app immediately crashes the app.  This has rendered the product useless to me and I hope that Line 6 will do the right thing and update the app immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 9:54 AM, phil_m said:

 

Well, they'll get the app updated eventually if that's necessary. They've always supported things on the software side well beyond the time the firmware updates have stopped. They're still updating drivers for the PODxt...

I contacted L6 support on Sept. 20th when the app no longer worked for editing Variax settings.

Got the usual "We're working on it" response. I wrote back and told them not having a working system was unexceptionable for those of us using it to do live shows.

Then the next day I got "Understood and of course! I want to ensure you are kept up and running. I will be passing your info on to QA to add some fuel to the fire. If any beneficial info is passed on to me I will be sure to follow up with you asap."

2 months late no updates...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...