Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A Few Questions About Jtv-59p

Hi,

Last year I tried the JTV-69 and did not like the acoustic models.  Are those models improved in the new 59P?

When connected to an HD500, is the 59P power supplied by the HD500 or does it still use its internal battery?

What's the weight of the 59P?

Thank you!

Cheers

I own a JTV-69 and I'm satisfied with the sound of the acoustic models.

If you plug a JTV by VDI cable to a HD 500 the guitar will be supplied with power (don't need your battery) and you will get an extra benefit, because you can select the magnetic pups or the models on input1 and input2.

I use e.g. a distorted guitar on input2 together with a acoustic model on input1 and can pan between acoustic sound and electric sound and that's great!  :)

And what's the weight of the 59P?

Weight is not consistent across guitars because of the density of the wood. Without weighing my JTV59, I would guess it's around 9 lbs.  For a Les Paul body style that's nice and light.

The acoustic models are great - if played through the right amplification.  They don't sound good through a guitar amp (but then nor do acoustic guitars).  They sound good via a PA and sound great recorded with a good reverb.  That's what I've found anyway.

The P is for P90 pickups. All emulation work through the piezo bridge and is identical on the 59 and 59P. It is in fact identical across all JTVS. The 89S come with a few different high-gain-oriented "patches", but the circuits are the same.

Acoustic emulation, just like a real acoustic, will sound bad going through either amp-simulation or a real guitar (pre)amp.  This signal is designed for a signal path similar to one coming from a vocal microphone. It is designed to go direct to the desk. If you use a variax or a real acoustic connected to a line6 or other amp-sim, create dedicated patches for use with the acoustic sounds. You may use effects like reverb, delay, chorus and man others with great results, but amp-simulation should be turned off. Some simulators can't turn the simulation off, but instead offer a "direct" model for this purpose.

A JTV may be powered in 3 different ways: From the internal battery, via the variax digital interface when hooked up to a line6 device (POD or amp), or with a powerfeed through a stereo cable connected to a powered XLR/line footswitch.

• Upvote 1