Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm Ux2 Has No Audio Output

My Pod Studio UX2 has suddenly stopped outputting any audio after several months of solid use.  I have already checked the monkey (everything shows up as green check marks), reinstalled drivers, and checked my audio system to make sure the obvious stuff is set up properly (correct audio out selected, volume turned up, audio cables and USB cables swapped out, speakers are working when plugged into another audio source, etc).  I am running Windows 7.

The drivers are definitely working, in that when I plug it in the volume controls all switch from my laptop's built in sound card to the Line 6 UX2 and the meters on the UX2 light up and show audio coming through it.  Plugging speakers or headphones into it gives that telltale 'pop' that you get when you plug a speaker up to a powered-on amp without any audio signal coming through yet, so I believe that the audio amp has power, but there is no sound coming out at all.  My windows volume mixer shows an audio signal going to the UX2.  In the Line 6 Audio-Midi Devices settings in the control panel, Hardware Meters are set to show audio output, and it is definitely showing that it is receiving a signal as I can play music and the meters show the music's volume levels without problems.  Again, everything looks like it should work, but there is just no audio at all, either from the analog outs or the headphone jack.  To be clear, this is audio from any source, not just my live guitar input processed through Pod Farm.  I can play movies, music, etc from my computer and get no audio from any sources at all.  What happened?  Is my Pod Studio shot?

An update: I just installed the UX2 on another Windows 7 system which has not had any Line 6 devices on it before and get the same results on that system as well.  Drivers install fine, everything looks good, but when I plug it in still no audio out at all even though the meters are bouncing like crazy when sending audio to it.  Looks like my UX2 is shot unless I hear otherwise from someone else on this forum.  If that is the case I will be REALLY disappointed at the quality of this device, as I paid $200 for it and it did not last more than 7 months before becoming useless.

OK, I am totally stupid.  I had apparently turned the 'Output' knob on the POD Farm all the way down so there was no audio coming out.  I was already shopping for a UX1 and was zoomed in on a picture of it and read 'Output' on the knob label and then asked myself, 'does my UX2 have one of those?'  Feel like a complete idiot that I have wasted like a week on this, but am thrilled to have my POD back, and ready to buy some more amp models as an apology to Line 6.

• Upvote 1