Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Edit (Demo Mode ?)

Old-Rocker

2 hours ago, Old-Rocker said:

Hi,i've looked for the answer to this but can't find it,is it possible to run/use Helix Edit in "Demo" mode only,or does it need a helix attached to use it ?.

Thanks.

It wouldn't do you any good anyway... you can't hear anything without the hardware. HX Exit is just an interface, there's no modeling going on in there.

39 minutes ago, aaronlyon said:

Helix Native (DAW plug-in) is what you're after. Helix owners can buy Helix Native for $100.

Sorry, but no, it’s not what he’s after!

Sadly, our friend is like a someone trying to find a black cat, in a darkened room, while wearing a blindfold.

The “Old Rocker” and I had a discussion about that last week, over on this thread from Helix Native. -> -> ->

Sadly(for me)datacommando is correct (again),i'm just trying to avoid buying the Hardware without having some idea of where to start with it.

So getting a feel for ploughing through how to start "programming" a Helix without the buying one is out !!(no smileys again).

9 minutes ago, Old-Rocker said:

Sadly(for me)datacommando is correct (again),i'm just trying to avoid buying the Hardware without having some idea of where to start with it.

So getting a feel for ploughing through how to start "programming" a Helix without the buying one is out !!(no smileys again).

To find out about programming good tones using Helix, just follow these video tutorials from Jason Sadites. There are over 30 available.

21 hours ago, datacommando said:

To find out about programming good tones using Helix, just follow these video tutorials from Jason Sadites. There are over 30 available.

Hi,datacomms.I'm too old to get mushy,but a REALLY big thank you for posting this video,it has helped me enormously.

Since my first attempts with modelling pedals,i've been useless at getting them anywhere to a decent Amp sound,also I have never used effects except for a couple of different fuzz boxes in the mid 60's(when it became compulsory),so watching Jasons vid has made me realise that my lack of effects knowledge,is probably the major reason for me struggling so much with Amp models.

I have of course watched loads of patch building vids before,but the way he builds the patch & explained it(the important bit) has made the penny drop,without having the eq/comp/cabs set up correctly it's probably impossible to get the "amps" sounding right.

I know most of the members on here & other forums,will read this & think of course "lollipop head",but I've been gigging for 60 years & only used Guitar straight into Amp(except for the fuzz box period),so I have never realised the importance of the "tools" to get to grips with Amp modelling.

This is a big deal for me,i actually think that by copying or referring to these vids,i can possibly get to grips with this,i've never thought this before !!

I'm going to take the plunge & buy a Helix,i'll start with the Stomp & then see where this goes(hope my long suffering wife doesn't read this).

Oh & i'm also going to subscribe to his channel & how the hell do you get the smileys working !!.

Once again thanks,A LOT.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Old-Rocker said:

..... & how the hell do you get the smileys working !!.

You don't! For some inexplicable reason, in these days of ubiquitous emoticons and emojis, this forum doesn't seem to support smileys. Go figure.

1 hour ago, Old-Rocker said:

I've been gigging for 60 years & only used Guitar straight into Amp(except for the fuzz box period),so I have never realised the importance of the "tools" to get to grips with Amp modelling.

The big thing to realise about all this modern gadgetry is it is not like standing on stage with your guitar plugged in to an amp (tube or otherwise) then into a speaker inside a big wooden box, loud enough to make your trousers flap. Nope, it’s intended to sound like it would if your amp and cab was mic’d up in a studio environment and you are hearing the sound of it in the control room, fully produced by a good audio engineer running it though a rack full of  top class FX, reverbs and echo boxes. Once you can get to grips with that you won’t look back, it’s like having your own virtual production team, but you are in charge of the results. Work at it, watch the videos as a reference source and whatever else don’t tell your wife how you managed to sound so good after all these years.

Happy to have helped spark your interest in this modern high tech stuff, apart from the fact this forum doesn’t do emojis - for that you need to go the old school route.   ;-) Plus any obscenity in you post will be converted to “lollipop” unless you learn how to avoid that $hit.

Shout If you need help, there are many talented Helix users on here!

Happy trails.