Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem With Pod Xt Live As Sound Card

Hi everybody, I have already posted this topic on the old forum without results (link)

For a couple of years my pod xt live worked fine. Unfortunately now it works only as a guitar effect, but when I try to hear what I've recorded (with any software, I use cakewalk or audiacity) all the sounds are really horrible (like over distorted).
I noticed that it distorts the same way everytime I use the Pod as sound card (so when I use it in playback to hear what I played, obviously, the result is horrible).
The main problem I have is that since I can not use it as a sound card I can not hear any sound while the soundtracks are playing...

technical data:
- Windows xp
- Pod xt live + usb cable to pc + software +
Gearbox  + cakewalk / audiacity
- all drivers Updated up till now.

very important:

No problem with other computers, so this is related to my pc (settings, drivers... I really don't know).

Thanks folks!

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

I have same problem. Can anybody help?

It happened when I updated drivers. Before this my pod xt live works great as a sound card!

Also I installed oldest drivers (3.4.3.6) but monkey shows that i have drivers version 4.2.6.9.

EDIT: I just checked - with my POD GX is this same problem.

EDIT 2: Problem solved. I had to disconnect wireless mouse and everything back to normal. Probably my computer has some problems with USB.

To other computer sounds playback distorted too?

Like youtube or media players.

Youtube and mp3 in general (sounds from computer) are not distorted and they comes from the computer speakers.

The headphones connected to the Pod XT live reproduce sounds from pod xt live, so, for instance, the guitar plugged into the pod and the drum machine of Gearbox.

When I play my electric guitar plugged into the Pod the sound is fine. When I listen to my guitar recorded by Audacity or the drum machine inside Gearbox it's distorted.