Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I create more than 32 banks on Spider V?

goshgari

My Spider V 60 has 32 banks, 4 tones per bank, meaning 128 total tones.  I was disappointed that there are only 4 User tones (32A, 32B, 32C, 32D).  I don't want to create new user tones at the risk of losing default tones.

I setup Spider V remote, but it seems we are limited to only 32 banks.  Yes, I know I can backup one tone at a time, but I wish there was a way to create more than 32 banks so we can define multiple user banks while keeping the defaults?  

Is this a limitation on storage space?  Is it possible to have more than 128 tones at a time?

Why not back up all the presets you want to keep on your computer?  Then setup you're banks the way you want. You can always load the factory presets back on your amp when you want to. I'm sure there's a number of factory presets you'll never want to load, so just overwrite them with some of the other factory presets you want to keep. 128 presets is probably more than just about anyone can use.

Like was said before, you can back up the entire default banks on your computer, or save what individual  factory tones you want to use. I have a have a set of blank banks available for download here on this forum, if you want to start from scratch...

No lie, they did the same thing on the Spider IV, only the spider IV had like 100 or something tones that weren't in the banks.