Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

deleted

line6picker

12 hours ago, line6picker said:
Posted in Helix Native

I love my Helix Native and have created a significant amount of custom patches and IRs that were all stored within Helix Native. I thought that I was safely backing them all up by exporting "everything" to a 'BUNDLE' (.hib) file.  I just setup a new computer and I am trying to import one of these bundles files back into Native but when I attempt to select the file it is greyed out, which scares me. I also just read that my IRs (with all of there critical placement relative to the patches) will not have been saved in this bundle, so this creates another mess but this is not as big a problem as not being able to import the bundle.  I could really use some help.

Screenshot 2019-06-07 15.56.43.png

I guess, because this got deleted, you must have figured out what the problem was?

We would love to know, in case anyone else has the same problem.

Should this thread now be marked as “solved”?

I'm sorry for leaving that remnant of a post behind. Just after creating it I figured out the answer and it was such a silly oversight on my part that I tried to quickly delete the post altogether. Obviously I did not succeed in this as I was not able to find a way to delete the image or the header. Can you share a link with me or a suggestion as to how I might better handle something like this in the future? By the way: My issue was that I could not find a way to import a 'BUNDLE' back into Helix Native. I quickly learned that the Native user manual that I was referring to was from 2017 (as seen in the image above). The Native update to 1.71 (I believe) and its revised user manual of 2018 clearly addressed this for me, and I realized this moments after my post. For those who may still be interested you can get to the window seen in the image below by clicking on the little 'LED' on the very bottom left corner of the Helix Native editor window. This will open the window you see below.

I am loving my Helix Native and I appreciate all of the great information that I have found in this forum! Happy weekend. 

Screenshot 2019-06-08 07.17.56.png

• Haha 1

No worries .... just having some fun. I had the same problem finding delete. Its under the little pull down arrow next to "Options". Did the image not delete, though? Never tried that.

Glad you got it sorted out and are enjoying the plug-in!

It took me months to find that little arrow, but now my life is complete. And you're welcome .... there are lots of really helpful folks on these forums. If you figure out any cool stuff or tips, be sure to share!

On 6/8/2019 at 3:24 PM, line6picker said:

I'm sorry for leaving that remnant of a post behind. Just after creating it I figured out the answer and it was such a silly oversight on my part that I tried to quickly delete the post altogether. Obviously I did not succeed in this as I was not able to find a way to delete the image or the header.

I am loving my Helix Native and I appreciate all of the great information that I have found in this forum! Happy weekend. 

Hi ,

Oh dear, you managed to fall foul of the dreaded "User Error" that plagues all types of Helix users when the darn thing sometimes doesn't quite work how they expected.

Not to worry and don't panic! Stick a post on here and someone will usually jump in quickly with a possible answer. We don't have them all yet, but we keep hacking away!

As for the delete thing it seems that 'soundog' has given you the clue to solve that. But with regard to getting rid of the linked picture, that 's a different trick. If I remember correctly, you have go "edit" (which is right between quote and options), then you will see the dialogue box containing a small proxy image of the file which you uploaded. In the lower right hand corner of the  preview image there is a very small trash can icon that you need to click on and that will remove the picture from your post. It's a real PITA method but it's the only way I have found that works, especially on those occasions when you want to add an explanatory image to help some user fix an issue and the pop up occurs with a message that you have used all your allocated space for attachments! Damned annoying. Then you need to go to the "My Attachments" link from under your profile Avatar at the top right of the forum, then wade through and manually delete things from the older posts and retrieve some space. AARRRRRARGG!

Here's and example of the pic delete trash can thing!

Anyhow, enough of this nonsense - enjoy your Helix Native bundles of fun!

Edited by datacommando
Removed file - low on space