Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Steve Stevens using HX FX

Evan329

22 hours ago, Evan329 said:

People are wondering if there is any popular guitarist or even well know guitar players using Line6 Helix products

I am seeing the Helix/Fractal/Kemper on stages everywhere these days.... more so on the concert stages than in the weekend bars.

Meh not really. People had asked whether or not there was anyone using Helix. Its never really been any secret or question that pros have been using Line6 products for years.

The deeper question that was intended i believe was whether or not pros were using Helix in the same manner us home musicians are using Helix, with amp and cab modeling, and IRs, or whatever.  I mean of course touring artists are using line 6 gear. We all knew that. However no one ever really knows to what extent. Seems to me Steve Stevens is using it for simply for the delays and not much else, there is another artist that uses helix for its tuner, routing capabilities and not much else. Does that really qualify?  

I dont know,  people tend to worry about other people a little too much IMO.  Just play what you like. If a touring artist uses the same gear then so be it. It doesnt change my life in any way if he IS using the same equipment as myself...It doesnt validate my decision to purchase helix because a touring pro is using it....just as i wont discontinue use if he decides to.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, willjrock said:

he deeper question that was intended i believe was whether or not pros were using Helix in the same manner us home musicians are using Helix, with amp and cab modeling, and IRs, or whatever.  I mean of course touring artists are using line 6 gear. We all knew that. However no one ever really knows to what extent. Seems to me Steve Stevens is using it for simply for the delays and not much else, there is another artist that uses helix for its tuner, routing capabilities and not much else. Does that really qualify?  

IMO... yes it does qualify. Steve Stevens is using an HX Effects (not a full Helix) and is using it for delays and reverbs. It's an effects unit, why wouldn't that qualify? 

Another example of creative use could be Cory Churko (Shania Twain/Kelly Clarkson) who uses a full Helix for all effects and routing, but uses a Kemper for amp modelling.

John McFee (Doobie Brothers) uses a Helix exactly as many users here might. Routing/processing of all his instruments (variax, electrics, acoustics, dobro, banjo, pedal steel, etc...) complete with amp modeling on the electrics. 

15 hours ago, willjrock said:

I dont know,  people tend to worry about other people a little too much IMO.  Just play what you like. If a touring artist uses the same gear then so be it.

100% agree with you on this. I think people just like to justify their decision to buy a particular product then want to see their "hero" to use it as well. It's just human nature.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, codamedia said:

100% agree with you on this. I think people just like to justify their decision to buy a particular product then want to see their "hero" to use it as well. It's just human nature.

Oh, make no mistake...artist endorsements work, lol

Otherwise nobody would bother trying to sell "signature models" of anything. It's always baffled me, though. Almost any signature model you can point to, be it an amp or instrument, will have a nearly identical counterpart from the same manufacturer, at half the cost. You're paying all that extra money for somebody's signature on a headstock, or next to the power switch. I don't get it. Just my 2 cents...ymmv.

• Like 3

Who cares how it's being used... I have a helix floor. I use it 4cm and for the most part only use it for compression, teemah!, a delay block and it's midi capabilities... That doesn't make it any less of a helix floor though. 

• Like 1

I would assume he has access to some high end custom equipment we would love to have. The fact that he choses to use a Line 6 Helix product and use it any manner, says alot about the quality of the Helix products. Is that not good?