Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X New Models

rhagan33

I've had the HD500X for several years and have really enjoyed it.  I would like to have several new effects (and have run into the DSP limit many times) but do not want to string a bunch of stomps to the POD...I prefer one unit that does what I need.   

Does anyone know if new effects models be released for the HD500X...or should I just go buy the Helix or Axe-Fx III to get the additional effects I am seeking?

Can't say whether or when any new FX will be added to the POD HD series. But additional FX will mean you're likely to run into the DSP limits more often, not less. And it's unlikely that the new FX would just miraculously happen to be exactly what you're looking for. If you're not happy with what you've got get something else that will make you happy.

new models won't solve the problem of DSP. Also, no matter what effects are available, you will always be limited to 8 effects and 2 amps (or less, if you hit a DSP limit). 

It sounds like you need to buy a different product. 

The HD500X is old time now, they don't care about his unit and they are to busy with the Helix

It's always the same with Line 6 stuff

People asking  too remove the looper block and that can be put in or out, they never do anything for that , but hell yeah it was a very good idea,, so they put it on the Helix (lol)

There is a bug that never be fixed and a lot of years now, sometimes when you launch HD Edit, presets are disappear or take another place and you get it  2 times in another setlist (never be fixed)

And I think they never add new fx on it.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, rhagan33 said:

I've had the HD500X for several years and have really enjoyed it.  I would like to have several new effects (and have run into the DSP limit many times) but do not want to string a bunch of stomps to the POD...I prefer one unit that does what I need.   

Does anyone know if new effects models be released for the HD500X...or should I just go buy the Helix or Axe-Fx III to get the additional effects I am seeking?

All anybody can do is guess, but they're hasn't been anything new for the POD in years on end at this point... smart money says it's EOL.

Thanks for the input...I think you are all correct (@joel_brown....love the answer, succinct..."shut up and play" :)  )  I've spent far too hours on YouTube watching the comparison videos instead of simply buying the Helix and playing guitar.  Headed to Guitar Center tmrw to pick one up.  Thanks for the nudge, folks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I’ve had the Pod HD 500x for years and I love it. All I’ve added to it are and extra expression pedal and a Mooer Elec Lady, which is the best Electric Mistress clone I’ve ever heard.

Having said that, if I could afford a Helix, I’d be all over it. In the Pod, we have 8 slots.  In the Helix, you have 32 if I’m not mistaken.  In other words, you can set up pretty much any type of signal chain you can dream up.